Thai French Meat Company: Directions

Thai French Meat company, how to get there? I’m not sure if this is the right forum or not, but the Thai French Meat company has been talked about in this forum before. They have good meat and other than for a steak snob, I think most people would be quite satisfied with a steak from them. I just had a T-Bone last night, and other than for my incompetence in cooking it, (too much) it was very good, it was not tough and had a decent favour. I have eaten their steaks before, some at restaurants and some at friends, and for the past two years I have been meaning to make the trip to Sakon Nakhon to stock up on some steak. I tried once 18 months ago, but could not find the place. Here are instructions for getting there: If traveling from Kalasin go to Sakon Nakhon on Highway 213 and just before you come to the city you will see a turn off for Mukdahan on Highway 223, there are a couple of signs in English, one has it marked as Mukdahan and one as That Phanom, turn right here and go to the traffic light at a T intersection where you will see another sign for Mukdahan, turn right here on Highway 223, and set your odometer, you will drive 8.9-9Kms. And turn right. To be precise you will travel on a four lane road and then it turns into two lanes for a little while, it then widens to four lanes and you drive through a small town just as you exit this town the road narrows to two lanes again, at this point start looking to your right and you will see a widened area for a turn off, it has a red striped curb. There is a sign, but in Thai. Turn right here and go down the dirt road 600 metres and you will see the Thai French Meat Company, on the right is a restaurant and on the left go down the lane maybe 30 metres and there is a store for selling the meet. They will cut your steaks to any size you order, as far as I could understand with my feeble Thai the meat is aged about 14 days. Anybody living in this area it is well worth the trip. If you are coming from Mukdahan just look for the left hand turn off area before you hit the first set of four lanes as you come into Sakon Nakhon, or hit it as you return from Sakon Nakhon, it is 8.9-9kms. past the traffic light outside of Sakon Nakhon on Highway 213. I bought 6 each of T-Bones, Ribeyes, and Sirloin, a total of 18 steaks for 2,801 baht. I am now well stocked. Here is a price list if interested:

THAI FRENCH MEAT:

De Pon-Yang-Khram Cooperative.

T-Bone 461bht/kilo Tenderloin 890 bht/kilo Striploin 665 bht/kilo

Sirloin 295 bht/kilo Rib set 324 bht/kilo Rib Eye 578 bht/kilo Top Round 193 bht/kilo

Sirlointip 193 bht/kilo Bottom round 168 bht/kilo Chuck 350 bht/kilo Shank 150 bht/kilo

Brisket 168 bht/kilo Short Rib 320 baht/kilo Beef stew 100-130 bht/kilo Mixed Grill 55 bht/kilo

Mixed Fry 65 baht/kilo Hamburger meat 160 bht/kilo Dry beef 300 bht/kilo

Scraps 85 baht/kilo Meat Ball 62 bht/kilo Beef tongue 175 bht/kilo Ox Liver 124 bht/kilo

Filet mignon 125 bht/kilo, note, I don’t know why this is so cheap, in Canada it is always very expensive, maybe it is a different cut than what we call filet mignon in Canada. I hope this helps some steak lovers. Enjoy, Issangeorge. P.S. most of their steak is exported or shiped to bangkok to supply the hotel industry.

They have their meat at that steak restaurant on Sukhumvit 33. I think the place is called Tenderloins.

I had one of the Thai steaks there recently - delicious and just as good as the imported Aussie meat.

They have their meat at that steak restaurant on Sukhumvit 33. I think the place is called Tenderloins.

I had one of the Thai steaks there recently - delicious and just as good as the imported Aussie meat.

Were you slumming it? I didn't realise the Rib Room at Landmark, Fireplace Grill at Intercon and New York Steakhouse in JW Marriot would all be shut on the same night, forcing you to 'go aussie'.

:-) :D:D:o

Were you slumming it? I didn't realise the Rib Room at Landmark, Fireplace Grill at Intercon and New York Steakhouse in JW Marriot would all be shut on the same night, forcing you to 'go aussie'.

:-) :D:D:o

One doesnt mind slumming it with our mullet-wearing brothers now and again. It keeps one real.

• 2 years later...