Winshield replacement cost for a Ford Everest Titanium 2.2 2016 Model

DineshR

Hello,

I am currently looking to replace my windshield on my Ford Everest and am wondering if anyone in this forum has any experience with this.

Specifically, I am looking for the cost of replacing the windshield - cost of windshield + labor.

I have been quoted a range from 10,300 to 14,500 from various dealers / repair shops here in Korat. This includes film applied to the inside of the windshield.

Am wondering if these prices are roughly the norm for a Ford Everest ? Would appreciate any input. TIA

Cost depends on how much technology is glued to the screen.

But a google of Everest windscreen show they are $760 in Australia so about  Bt19,000... Your qoute is within reason I reckon.

Does your insurance company not provide one free screen per year ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All, Apologies. I thought I had replied to your messages but it looks like that message never posted. In any event, thought I would update the group on current status. Thank you for your helpful comments.

I did replace the windshield and it cost (parts & labor) 8500 for the windshield and 1500 for the film on the interior side of the windshield.

I did have first class insurance but I was in the process of switching between insurers. It was a minor ding on the windshield that was probably caused by a pebble bouncing off the road and hitting the windshield. Nothing more than a small ding but no cracks. I thought I would do it later but then forgot about it and then switched insurance carriers. The new carrier did a vehicle inspection and noted the ding and told me they would not cover the windshield until I first repaired the windshield - which is why I ended up having to pay for it ..... 

On 8/10/2022 at 7:44 AM, DineshR said:

All, Apologies. I thought I had replied to your messages but it looks like that message never posted. In any event, thought I would update the group on current status. Thank you for your helpful comments.

I did replace the windshield and it cost (parts & labor) 8500 for the windshield and 1500 for the film on the interior side of the windshield.

I did have first class insurance but I was in the process of switching between insurers. It was a minor ding on the windshield that was probably caused by a pebble bouncing off the road and hitting the windshield. Nothing more than a small ding but no cracks. I thought I would do it later but then forgot about it and then switched insurance carriers. The new carrier did a vehicle inspection and noted the ding and told me they would not cover the windshield until I first repaired the windshield - which is why I ended up having to pay for it ..... 

if it was only a small chip that should have been able to be repaired. Too late now.

On 8/1/2022 at 1:10 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

If you have First Class insurance a good policy will cover windscreen replacement without affecting the policy holder's no claims bonus. If not, the costs you have quoted seem fair. 

Roojai unfortunately don’t. 3000Baht and 10% loss of NCB.

I did try to repair the ding only at B-quik. They had a device that could repair small dings but the location of the ding close to the edge of the screen made it impossible to use that device. Apparently, if it is too close to the edge of the screen the process of fixing that ding has a chance of causing a crack - they pointed that out to me before attempting to fix the ding but then discovered that the ding was too close to the edge for the device to get to.