Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian

58 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

EXPLODING ... ????

Trying to put an EV fire out with water ... ????

You can't fix stupid.

I think "stupid" is buying an electrical vehicle that can be damaged and catch fire from being in water. Why would any sane person want to do this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Screaming said:

I think "stupid" is buying an electrical vehicle that can be damaged and catch fire from being in water. Why would any sane person want to do this?

I see you're not keeping up with current world events and petrol pricing.

No plan is a plan for failure.

13 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I see you're not keeping up with current world events and petrol pricing.

No plan is a plan for failure.

That depends on what side of the planet you are ... Oil is reliable with enough reserves for the next half century....

There isn't enough lithium to strip mine & produce the amount of vehicles needed to populate the world + the electricity needed to keep these vehicles on the road will come from coal/oil/natural gas/nuclear....

Lose lose.....

Time for other options to be explored....

Edited by pgrahmm

39 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

That depends on what side of the planet you are ... Oil is reliable with enough reserves for the next half century....

There isn't enough lithium to strip mine & produce the amount of vehicles needed to populate the world + the electricity needed to keep these vehicles on the road will come from coal/oil/natural gas/nuclear....

Lose lose.....

Time for other options to be explored....

Read my signature ... planning is everything ????

8 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

This is just the beginning....

In moderate impact accidents they are exploding & scattering shrapnel hundreds feet in all directions....

Bombs on wheels....

Nevermind all the other reasons they are impractical....

A Benz EV parked on a street in my area just self-combusted. Just need one to do that in a jam-packed parking lot and you got an inferno. 

To supply England alone will use 75% of worldwide lithium production if the absurd mandates are put in place.

With no new major mines in development at this time, and even if they were you are looking at 10 years to production.

What is the rest of the world going to use ?

But the faithful never discuss this, or even allow a discussion.

They are True Believers - Fanatics - and will entertain nothing that does not suit their very narrow criteria for use.

Recent posts of Ionic 6 state that the carbon footprint to make one car will consume 75 tons of carbon - enuf to buy 10,000 liters of gasoline, which would allow a small car to travel for 10 years.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JettieG said:

A Benz EV parked on a street in my area just self-combusted. Just need one to do that in a jam-packed parking lot and you got an inferno. 

Or a multilevel parking garage.....

Horror stories in the making....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Time for other options to be explored...

Commercial agriculture, specifically growing protein, produces more greenhouse gases than transportation ????

Then there is all the water use.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

On 10/7/2022 at 2:57 PM, Screaming said:

That was my point, which is why the initial post was to the THAILAND forum.  This was meant to stir the conversation regarding the push by Thailand to get Thai's to buy EVs.