The multibillion-baht Toyota tax-bribery probe threatening to rock Thailand’s judiciary

webfact

6 hours ago, happy me said:

What's it got to do with the Americans if it was in Thailand?

I dare say the thai judiciary would be happy if left to themselves to investigate nothing to see here move along. Top never rock the boat too much constitution says 8 years take 5 more. Watches by dead friend perfectly believable. Now it's our turn judges police and government take turns as the 3 monkeys see no evil ect ect

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Everything is to do with the Americans. Just look at the number of topics on this site in which Americans twist it in one way or another to relate and compare what happens in Thailand to what happens in America.

Its usually the British or the Aussies  that pull USA into the threads but if it makes you feel better blame the US 

17 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Everything is to do with the Americans. Just look at the number of topics on this site in which Americans twist it in one way or another to relate and compare what happens in Thailand to what happens in America.

Stop ... y'all love the Yanks.  Who else would you bash all day, every thread possible, aside from the Thais.

21 hours ago, happy me said:

Money. US can't keep their noses out of anything.

Edit:- Oh, and Toyota is bigger than GM. Not allowed????

VW is bigger than GM and that wasn't allowed either.

Edited by VocalNeal

21 hours ago, In the jungle said:

Clearly the brown envelope was not big enough.

The Thai judiciary standardized on pastry boxes a few years ago.

Brown envelopes are for "normal" run-of-the-mill government corruption kick-backs and pay-offs.

Edited by bamnutsak

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Why isn't the Thai judiciary being investigated? Who is the real culprit here? You pay, if payment is accepted. US rules should not apply here.

Who is going to prosecute Thai judiciary? The U.S. law criminalizes only active foreign bribery. While companies and individuals subject to the jurisdiction of the FCPA are punished for paying bribes, those who receive these bribes largely escape U.S. punishment. Attempt to charge foreign government officials who take bribes under statutes, such as money laundering and wire fraud is possible but extremely difficult to prove in the US court and US prosecutors rarely invest their resources to charge foreign government officials and when they do so, it only amounts to a ban to visit US.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Artisi said:
21 hours ago, happy me said:

Normal - sticking their nose into other countries business, they should sort out their own not too perfect business dealings

I'm pretty sure that filings made by US-listed companies to the US SEC makes it the business of the US.

Maybe somebody wants to look up the phone number of Rolls-Royce; they had their little music played in regards to aircraft engines. 
To this day though the Thai party accepting bribes was neither identified nor faced the music nor the slammer and the money went ....... well, which money? 

On 10/8/2022 at 8:54 AM, happy me said:

Even though most western countries sign an agreement never to do business including bribery everyone knows it goes hand in hand if you want to work in middle East or Asia. Canada is now embroiled in a big case as was UK when Tony Blair insisted all charges be dropped against British aerospace  when dealing with Saudi Arabia " against national interest " corruption is everywhere and condoned by the west when it suites them