Thailand’s COVID-19 infection rate and deaths continue to fall

webfact

image.jpeg

The COVID-19 infection rate in Thailand continues to drop steadily, with an average of 364 new cases being reported per day and four fatalities for the week from October 23rd to October 29th, according to Public Health Permanent Secretary Dr. Opart Karnkawinpong.

He said yesterday (Monday) that 2,551 new cases were reported during the week, including 320 cases of lung infection and, of these, 164 were on ventilators. 33 patients died, 97% of whom were elderly and people suffering from chronic diseases. 76% of the fatalities were unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated and did not wear face masks while participating in group activities.

Despite the fact that Thailand entered the post-pandemic period on October 1st, Dr. Opart said that the Disease Control Department remains vigilant in monitoring the COVID-19 situation, particularly in light of the increased number of arrivals from western countries during the cold season and the emergence of new COVID-19 variants or sub-variants.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-covid-19-infection-rate-and-deaths-continue-to-fall/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-11-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

22 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

So why must 65 million people still wear a mask if it is as good as no cases anymore....

Not "must".

They "want".

Thais are literally scared of anything. Swimming in the deep water, confrontation, condemnation from others in the group, COVID.

Furthermore Thais are teached to not have any thought of individualism. So even if they are not scared of COVID, they are scared of condemnation from other people around them and from sticking out of the masses.

My Thai wife is in the anti-COVID-Community in Thailand. It is literally the same as in other countries, by the content and the connection with each other, just one thing is different: The size compared to the size of the country. Sadly it is merely a joke here. 

And interestingly it is mostly Thai people who have European/American partners or had contacts to other countries and cultures in general.

I predicted one year ago when all of the world stopped masking, that Thais will just stop masking if they are forced with a gun to the head to take the mask off.

My wife said even then they will better keep it on, because they are more scared of taking the mask of then from the gun ???? 

Edited by onthedarkside
off topic trolling comments removed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DezLez said:

I am sure you think you would make a good teaching/teacher example going by your illogical rant!

Go on, tell me which part of my post was illogical and argue why.

Edited by onthedarkside
baiting comment removed
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FarAway said:

Thais are teached to not have any thought of individualism.

They are individualistic when it comes to driving; just point their ... car or motorbike in the direction they want to go and go, with zero consideration for others and the rules of the road. Same when parking; double park, triple park, completely block in other motorbikes. They dont give a [deleted] about others!

4 hours ago, FarAway said:

Not "must".

They "want"

I want, too.

I am in a risk group and not interested in dying or in being in ICU.

Also not interested in getting long covid. 

I am anti-covid, I don't want to get it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

So why must 65 million people still wear a mask if it is as good as no cases anymore....

It is because of mask wearing that the cases have dropped so well!

OMG... that thought will scare the paranoid!

By the way, there is no obligation for 65 million people to wear masks so stop posting nonsense!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is because of mask wearing that the cases have dropped so well!

OMG... that thought will scare the paranoid!

By the way, there is no obligation for 65 million people to wear masks so stop posting nonsense!

I did not write it is an obligation but that they must, as you know that the Government is promoting to wear a mask and as the culture in Thailand still is that you do what somebody higher in rank tell you to do you do it.. By the way have you seen Prayuth not wearing a mask?? So Thai people think you still have to wear it......complete normal sense

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1