Health Insurance

SoloFlyer

Time to start taking some precautions, for myself and one or two attachments.

Had average experience with AIA a few yrs ago.

Looking into a bkk bank service. For 30k odd per year (monthly), they seem to provide a fairly comprehensive cover. And they put 6k back into the bank at the end of each year (not sure if that's only if your not sick), and after a certain amount of time you get a payout (small vis a vis the time).

I'm useless at this shit, so any recommendations?

Arent these guys super expensive though?

Feel free to give some ballpark figures.

Bupa quoted me 35,000 and QBE 6,500 for the same coverage.. As QBE are an Australian firm and i have used them for years in Australia i decided on them, as i know their policy set up. Horses for courses. :o

i just got hospital/accident insurance from Siam Commercial Bank. It's not very good but better than nothing. It cost me 13500 Baht for 5 years cover. Health care is not so expensive in Thailand, (unless you have a serious accident/illness), so paying a lot for insurance seems overkil for me although i must add i'm interested in hearing more about QBE.

Bupa quoted me 35,000 and QBE 6,500 for the same coverage.. As QBE are an Australian firm and i have used them for years in Australia i decided on them, as i know their policy set up. Horses for courses. :D

Checked twice with QBE about health insurance - both times told they dont do it?? :o

(QBE Insurance, 2/1-3 Thipanet Road T hai-Ya A Muang, 053 283833 )

Bupa quoted me 35,000 and QBE 6,500 for the same coverage.. As QBE are an Australian firm and i have used them for years in Australia i decided on them, as i know their policy set up. Horses for courses. :D

Checked twice with QBE about health insurance - both times told they dont do it?? :o

I just called them. They said they do not do health insurance.

I just called them. They said they do not do health insurance.

so I guess they dont do it then? austhaied? could you double check and get back to us? cheers.

edited for typo

Edited by Donnyboy

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw the post and wanted to ask what one gets for the insurance. Coverage for an annual physical? Routine Doctor consultations ,i.e. for hypertention,pnuemonia,diabetes, etc.? How about a major illness . Any coverage for a coronary stent or bypass,etc. ? If we're over 40 that's when we may need the latter ,providing we get to the hospital in time. Bill