Iphone For At&t Only !

Uncle_Ho

The ICCT forum contains countless posts about web sites being blocked and ISPs providing slow internet speeds. I cannot imagine what an iPhone would be used for in Thailand, other than for making phone calls. Seems to me you could do that with a less expensive phone.

the HTC polaris sounds like it might be what I want in a smartphone - I have a axim x50v and a nokia n72 , so it might be my upgrade at the end of the year.

windowslivewriterhtcpolarisinfo-8827polaris-1.jpg

Polaris

* 3.5 inch, VGA TFT LCD, touch screen

* Memory: ROM 256 MB/ RAM 128 MB

* Wireless WAN

* Qualcomm MSM7200, 400 MHz

* WCDMA 2100 MHz, HSDPA 3.6 Mbps

* EDGE/ GSM/GPRS, quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

* Bluetooth

* Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g

* GPS/AGPS

* Digital compass

* FM radio

* Camera: 3 mega pixels with auto focus

* miniUSB, USB 1.1

* Expansion: MicroSD slots

* Schedule: October, 2007

http://mobilitysite.com/2007/06/htc-polaris-info/

Thanks for the tip on the Polaris. It sounds like the phone I want to wait for.

I have had one of HTC's older smartphones with an OMAP850 CPU for a couple of years and, until a couple of months ago, was still one of the most advanced phones in the market. (Imagine people gawking at the same cell phone for 2 years straight!) It has worked like a charm, even after dropping it a number of times. Its quality is superb.

I will snap one of these up as soon as it comes out.

The iPhone does have a SIM slot, but it is carrier-locked to AT&T. Typically you can unlock them after 3 months of service.

The major advantage that the iPhone has over anything else on the market is that it is a clean user interface in an extremely compact design. The Windows Mobile phones are just sluggish to me; the Blackberry does a better job at performance. The iPhone has a chance of pulling off quite a coup.

Rumors are that they expect to sell 1M units in the first week! RIM sells 1M units per month with a very established channel. Curious how many HTC sells... looks like it is close to 1M/month.