Nice places to go for an evening walk in Hua Hin

username415

There's no nice places to walk ..... only dangerous places ....  if your lucky you won't get attacked by a soi dog or a threatened by a yaba addict wanting 100 baht for more drugs.

Thailand has 1000,000 soi dogs and 1000,000 yaba addicts.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Why the hell you live in Thailand every post is Thai bashing, like so many posters say go back where you come from and with an avatar like yours you should not even commend 

haha .... not thai bashing, just speaking from experience,  if your skeptical,  stay another 20 years then let me know.  

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Watch your comma placement.

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

haha .... not thai bashing, just speaking from experience,  if your skeptical,  stay another 20 years then let me know.  

I dont agree at all. Been here over 35 years and simply dont feel like that at all. Guess its where you live and what you do. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, marin said:

Watch your comma placement.

I dont agree at all. Been here over 35 years and simply dont feel like that at all. Guess its where you live and what you do. 

well if you've been here 35 yrs you will know there are too many soi dogs,  and surely you know there's hundreds of village yaba addicts running around .....   ain't that the truth  !!

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

There's no nice places to walk ..... only dangerous places ....  if your lucky you won't get attacked by a soi dog or a threatened by a yaba addict wanting 100 baht for more drugs.

Super positive guy

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Maybe he hates everywhere.

not correct ... Vanuatu was nice, Malaysia is ok, Vietnam is good, New Caledonia is nice, New Zealand is good.

so your assumption is wrong,  and when one assumes ... well, you know the rest.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

not correct ... Vanuatu was nice, Malaysia is ok, Vietnam is good, New Caledonia is nice, New Zealand is good.

so your assumption is wrong,  and when one assumes ... well, you know the rest.

So you choose to live in the worst country instead. That makes sense.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cicada Market is nice to walk around for a couple of hours, do a bit of shopping and have a beer/food - close to Ibis Hotel.

I've not been back for 2.5 years due to Covid, but that area was developing greatly before we left.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The obvious one is the beach...  Quite pleasant to walk along and you can walk as far as you can... 

Plenty going on around you in the evenings... especially at the weekends... 

If you go a bit too far and feel too tied to walk back up the beach, hire a horse !

I was going to say the same. Some nice restaurants and bars along the beach

10 hours ago, Hummin said:

I was going to say the same. Some nice restaurants and bars along the beach

MMmmmmm, what bars where? Unfortunately the only bars on the beach are the few big expensive hotels, apart from the Thai crowd bars outside the Hilton which don't usually open late.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

MMmmmmm, what bars where? Unfortunately the only bars on the beach are the few big expensive hotels, apart from the Thai crowd bars outside the Hilton which don't usually open late.

You are spot on, bars with view ????

We spent most time at Centara and Lets Sea, and also frequently visited the restaurants and bars between. 

Im done with soi 80 and those bars decades ago, if I ever was in to them except have a few beers meeting up with my visiting friends, or for a sports event. 

When go for a walk in the night I guessed you ment for a romantic walk, dinner and drinks. 

At least they have mostly good bartenders who can mix a good drink or coctail, and sometimes they have dj gigs and other live music, jazz, old times etc. 

Granted, no surfside promenade to walk along, but there is about 6 km of beach between Centara & Big Buddha.  Personally a fan of the southern beach are, if starting at Big Buddha.  Head northward, till had enough, then streetside for a café, beverage and or munch.

Or find a starting point a bit north of Big Buddha, and end up at PAGE Beach Bar at VERSO for that munch & sipping.

Centara is so .... yester-year-decade ????

Edited by KhunLA

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Beach walking at night - cant see the view apart from lights.

Might also be dangerous. HH fairly safe but beach walking is a daytime thing.

I once spent a week in the dessert in Oman camping, the first day I did not see anything else than sand,,,, then it opnenend up to me. 

The beach line is quite lit up by the city light, and you see what you want. We have spent quite a bit time walking the beach in night, both me and my gf, and also with friends. Never heard anything happened to group of people, but 15-20 years ago there a few women raped by fishermen, and also killed if I do not remember wrong. 

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Granted, no surfside promenade to walk along, but there is about 6 km of beach between Centara & Big Buddha.  Personally a fan of the southern beach are, if starting at Big Buddha.  Head northward, till had enough, then streetside for a café, beverage and or munch.

Just know the tide, but you can always take a taxi back, which we did if we did a few extra for the road. 

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Just know the tide, but you can always take a taxi back, which we did if we did a few extra for the road. 

One section does get 'blocked' at high tide, during those high tide session, a couple times a year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A walk or run in the Klai Kang Won Palace park is nice but the asphalt track is only 800m so get boring for repetedly daily walks. There is also a cycling /walk/running path stretcing 12 km from Nong Kae against Pranburi, starting about 4-5km from the center of Hua Hin.

Felt

• 1 month later...