Chinese Man Tony Arrested during Raids at 33 Places in Provinces

snoop1130

1669780151_948898-tnamcot.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 30 (TNA) – Deputy national police chief Pol Gen Surachate Hakparn arrested a Chinese man identified as Tony who is one of five Chinese people suspected of involvement with illicit business, during police raids at 33 locations in nine provinces.

Tony (Chen Zhaohui) was arrested at one of three companies searched in Huai Khwang district, Bangkok. He was charged with supporting or participating in foreigners’ business that is actually reserved by law for Thai people.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1067810

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-11-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

Apparently his full name is “My Fren’ You Tony”? ????

They raided 33 places, and this is the result? A guy named Tony? Is there a list of Chinese nationals they've rounded up since Khun Hakparn launched his operation? Where are they now? Can somebody please tell me what is going on here? ????????????

(I suspect now that APEC is only a distant memory, probably everything will go quiet again. Welcome back, Tony, whoever you are, but we'll have to relieve you of your 15 Ferraris, land titles, hotels etc).

Edited by bradiston
  • Haha 1

Eighty tour buses ? They must be awfully dusty waiting for Xi to send him some business ! Might just all rust away before dictator Xi is finished

Pol Gen Surachate found evidence of illicit businesses based mainly in Samut Prakan province. They possessed a private plane, about 80 tour buses and a hotel with a registered capital of 50 million baht and its construction cost suspiciously claimed at hundreds of millions of baht.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

I can't keep up with these raids. Who's getting rounded up, and why? Is it the same guy busted over and over again? I'm sure I read about this guy before, but Tony? Is that it?

There's a very good article in an unmentionable media outlet which really gives a great update on all police activity. Very enlightening.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

It sux to be Tony!

Nah stu_f him , it's rampant in philippines rent shop house / shops in townhouse subdivision & blackout windows run illegal gambling right in front of subdivision security + cops know IF we know 

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He was charged with supporting or participating in foreigners’ business that is actually reserved by law for Thai people.

Xi's gonna be pi$$ed with this news.

Chinese unable to come to Thailand and invest in businesses CCP style.

• Haha 1

It would be interesting to see an article detailing the activities and connections of 'Tuhao', the Chinese businessman/drugdealer/pub owner/etc.  However, given his connections I think that most journalists are keeping a safe distance from this story and are only quoting police PR statements.

According to Thai gossip that my wife heard and some publicly available info here is what I have heard:

1.  The crackdown is happening because the Chinese government has been putting pressure on the Thai government to arrest him and shut down a Thailand to China drug smuggling ring. 

2.  He is married to a Thai police colonel whose father is (or was) a very high ranking policeman and whose grandfather was a deputy prime minister.

3.  Because of his connections his Thai citizenship application was fast-tracked and took only 2 years to process.

4.  Also because of his connections, the Thai police are being very reluctant to pursue the case, and it is going on only because the Chinese Embassy is pushing it.

Like is said, much is this is gossip and I don't know how truthful it is.  The only hard facts I know are his wife's police rank and her family connections.

I'm mentioning this here, because 'Tony' is one of Tuhao's minions!

• Like 1