Chonburi Cancels New Year Countdown Celebration

webfact

image.png

Fireworks at Pattaya. Photo: NNT

CHONBURI’S municipality this morning (Dec. 22) announced the cancellation of the New Year countdown event and  the offering of food to monks on New Year’s Day on its Facebook page, Amarin TV said.

The post immediately attracted a lot of comments with one person asking whether Pattaya is included and the page administrator replied that it is a different zone.

Sansuk municipality also posted a message on its Facebook page that “Bangsaen Countdown 2023” on Saturday Dec. 31 is being held at Laem Thaen on this beach. There will be free concerts by Wanyaix Mon Monik, Lazy Loxy & Sam Black and Two Popethorn as well as the band Clash.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/12/22/chonburi-cancels-new-year-countdown-celebration/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-12-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, paulikens said:

Pattaya has moved then?  as far as i know pattaya is in chonburi

But "CHONBURI’S municipality" has no authority to cancel a Pattaya event.

The linked report is as confusing as can be by showing the Pattaya sign and then writing about a Chonburi (city?) event.

The Chonburi (province) governor or the Pattaya municipality (major) might have the authority to cancel the Pattaya event.

Correct me if I got it all wrong.

And do you believe this is about general safety or health protection (Covid)?

I doubt it. But please not write what I think :smile: It's not allowed to speculate about it.

6 hours ago, stoner said:

may i also suggest taking it further. cancel all new years celebrations across the country.

Don't shout too loud and your wish might come true.

A big fat blow to the tourism/travel industry.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

But "CHONBURI’S municipality" has no authority to cancel a Pattaya event.

The linked report is as confusing as can be by showing the Pattaya sign and then writing about a Chonburi (city?) event.

The Chonburi (province) governor or the Pattaya municipality (major) might have the authority to cancel the Pattaya event.

Correct me if I got it all wrong.

And do you believe this is about general safety or health protection (Covid)?

I doubt it. But please not write what I think :smile: It's not allowed to speculate about it.

No speculation needed, reason obvious.

Edited by proton

7 hours ago, stoner said:

another step in the right direction by those in charge here. you can never be too safe.

may i also suggest taking it further. cancel all new years celebrations across the country. please arrive to the temple on new years day on your scooter with no helmet and a mask.....by all means.

this country is starting to scare me. 

There's a distinct possibility that that will happen.  But, as I'm sure you know, it's nothing to do with Covid.

22 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There's a distinct possibility that that will happen.  But, as I'm sure you know, it's nothing to do with Covid.

Really?  So by not giving food and alms to monks what's the reason then if not a concern regarding Covid.

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You need to do some research.  Unfortunately, it can't be discussed on this Forum.

Yeah not so sure it's to show deference to that someone, but that's my view after reading a few articles.

• Like 1