Reason To Return?

My friend thai girlfriend has been to Australia twice and returned to Thailand last year with her previous boyfriend and has been refused a UK visa because the ECO does not think she will return.In my opinion this has already been proved as she has been out as above.

Also he said she has insufficent funds its her boyfriend who is paying for the trip not her ?

Opinions welcome.

My friend thai girlfriend has been to Australia twice and returned to Thailand last year with her previous boyfriend and has been refused a UK visa because the ECO does not think she will return.In my opinion this has already been proved as she has been out as above.

Also he said she has insufficent funds its her boyfriend who is paying for the trip not her ?

Opinions welcome.

On the first point her situation has clearly changed. Yes she has a good history, which would have been taken into account, but the situation is now different and she has now been judged to be a risk of not returning.

On the second what are you saying it doesn't make sense? Aren't you her boyfirend now? If you are paying then you should have provided a letter saying so proving you have the funds to cover the trip.

I agree with CBRlad's first point. That the woman has been to Australia and complied with her conditions of stay there is a positive, but that she now has a new - foreign - boyfriend is a negative.

Scouse.

No i am not her boyfriend,also she has returned to Thailand from previous trips why is this different?

Also of course he supplied a letter etc and has plenty of funds what you are saying is she had a previous relationship so what we all have had them have we not.It seems petty to me she owns a business with three other girls and can take leave at her leisure without pay of course she supplied all the relevant docs to prove this.

I quite agree that whether someone has had a previous relationship should not necessarily be relevant, but where someone has had two or more foreign boyfriends in quick succession, the visa officer might infer that the relationship is of little value and that the applicant is using the boyfriend as a means of getting out of, in this case, Thailand.

Of course, that's not to say that everyone who has had two or more foreign boyfriends is bound to be refused a visa. Ultimately, the decision will depend upon the applicant's circumstances in their entirety.

Scouse.

I quite agree that whether someone has had a previous relationship should not necessarily be relevant, but where someone has had two or more foreign boyfriends in quick succession, the visa officer might infer that the relationship is of little value and that the applicant is using the boyfriend as a means of getting out of, in this case, Thailand.

Of course, that's not to say that everyone who has had two or more foreign boyfriends is bound to be refused a visa. Ultimately, the decision will depend upon the applicant's circumstances in their entirety.

Scouse.

Yes that was the point I was trying to make. The circumstance has now changed, indeed even the country being applied for has changed.

AZZZEY68 I miss read you initial post, I think you are missing an s in the word friend, I read that she is your girlfriend, not that it changes anything. The bottom line is different situation, they would have taken the two trip to aus into account, but there is clearly more they are looking at that you haven't mentioned, for example how long ago was the last trip to aus and how long has she been with your friend.

Edited by CbrLad

Sorry here are the facts:

She went to oz in Jan for three months she then returned for a six month visit returning in Dec 06.As a point of fact she owns her own business with 3 other girls thai massage of the correct variety no happy endings here in afraid.In fact she is fully qualified and has all the college certs etc,she met Marc at songkran this year and finished with her boyfriend who was arriving in May to marry her.The reason was she came back from her last trip and in my opinion should have finished with him then as she was unsure of the age diference and if she loved him obviuosly she met Marc and fell in love.

ECO STATEMENT READS:

You intend to travel to the UK for 3 months to visit your boyfriend whom you met in April 2007 whilst he was on holiday. You have failed to submit satisfactory evidence of close contact with each other, am not satisfied it is as close as is claimed.I can see your sponsor has given you some financial support and there may be some relationship between you both however this is yet to be consilidated over a longer period.You spent 3 months on Australia last year and you only commenced your current employment in a massage parlour in Jan 2007.You are now seeking to take 3 months leave from work i note your sponsor has asked for 6 months i doubt whether you will have employment upon your return.You have modest funds and no other assets i am not satisfied you are well established and settled in your home country.

I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are entering the UK as a visitor and that you intend to return at the end of your stay.

He clearly has not even loked at it she was in oz twice last year not once any thoughts.

Sorry here are the facts:

She went to oz in Jan for three months she then returned for a six month visit returning in Dec 06.As a point of fact she owns her own business with 3 other girls thai massage of the correct variety no happy endings here in afraid.In fact she is fully qualified and has all the college certs etc,she met Marc at songkran this year and finished with her boyfriend who was arriving in May to marry her.The reason was she came back from her last trip and in my opinion should have finished with him then as she was unsure of the age diference and if she loved him obviuosly she met Marc and fell in love.

ECO STATEMENT READS:

You intend to travel to the UK for 3 months to visit your boyfriend whom you met in April 2007 whilst he was on holiday. You have failed to submit satisfactory evidence of close contact with each other, am not satisfied it is as close as is claimed.I can see your sponsor has given you some financial support and there may be some relationship between you both however this is yet to be consilidated over a longer period.You spent 3 months on Australia last year and you only commenced your current employment in a massage parlour in Jan 2007.You are now seeking to take 3 months leave from work i note your sponsor has asked for 6 months i doubt whether you will have employment upon your return.You have modest funds and no other assets i am not satisfied you are well established and settled in your home country.

I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are entering the UK as a visitor and that you intend to return at the end of your stay.

He clearly has not even loked at it she was in oz twice last year not once any thoughts.

Those facts quite clearly speak for themselves and paint a different picture to that in your first post. I can certainly see why the alarm bells would be ringing, no offence to your mate for the following reasons.

1. They only just meet, ie about 3 months.

2. She only just got rid of her old BF.

3. There were inconsitancies in what she asked for and what her sponsor said in terms of length of visit.

4. With the money issue I would say they took the sponsors money into account. That may have satisfied the costs of the trip, but the other facts speak for themselves, Ie she is not settled in Thailand which would be a reason to return. Like gee she went to Aus twice in 2006, although she returned I can see why they would think she isn't settled.

Visa's are not a trivial matter and one has to look at all the facts. Your first and last post quite clearly show the difference of a little bit context puts into a story.

She can always apply again. If she does so, she should try to demonstrate that the business is a going concern which can sustain her three-month absence, and that sufficient cover for her exists. She should additionally provide evidence of continued contact between her and the sponsor, but the visa officer might stiil baulk at the idea that they've only known each other for a relatively short length of time.

Scouse.

He met her at Songkran (probably on a two week holiday was he?)...and now he wants her in UK for 6 months (although she says 3), It doesn't sound like a holiday to me either (more like a trial marriage!)

He should pursue the relationship with contact and even a return trip to Thailand to prove her intentions (not his) and then she should present all the evidence of her business as suggested already.

Sorry to say, I'm with the ECO on this one.

She can always apply again. If she does so, she should try to demonstrate that the business is a going concern which can sustain her three-month absence, and that sufficient cover for her exists. She should additionally provide evidence of continued contact between her and the sponsor, but the visa officer might stiil baulk at the idea that they've only known each other for a relatively short length of time.

Scouse.

Thats why i posted the facts also i disagree with the known each other length of time issue and reason to return issue she has in fact returned to LOS on two different occasions whether it be a holiday to Malaysia or wherever she has returned.Also i met my Wife in Oct she was in the UK in Jan kind of blows the theory out of the water on a holiday visa and she was out of work ok she had an excellent work record with back up docs .I told him to re apply in a few weeks as i got a knock back first time returned 3 days later and got a visa once they had taken another lok at my file correctly.