Foreign Tourist Hospitalized After Nearly Drowning in Pattaya

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A foreigner was saved by Jomtien Beach lifeguards and rushed to a local hospital after nearly drowning.

This Lifeguard was 'On Duty', yet if it hadn't been for a group of foreign tourists, this guy would probably be dead. I thought a lifeguards 'duty' was to watch swimmers etc.

• Like 2

I’m surprised that there were lifeguards there. I can’t remember the last time I saw one. If they really want to be like Miami then they need to put up proper booths and have them staffed all the time. 1 every kilometer staffed some days and times not others just won’t cut it. They are lucky the seas are rarely rough around here. 

• Like 1

Usually the lifeguards are sitting at a table down by soi 7, staring at their phones, back to the sea

or around Sea Breeze, doing about the same. Heaven forbid they should glance at the water: might see someone in need. I've watched their morning assemblies and exercises... hmmm how about going for a swim? They wear more clothes than you would see at a Taliban beach barbecue

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2023 at 2:19 AM, steven100 said:

Well done lifeguards .....  the guy owes you his life.   Drinks all around   !!

On 1/26/2023 at 7:23 AM, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmmm... the usual chaotic mess i see. God forbid that you would ever need urgent help in Thailand

Yes it was his lucky day for most people going swimming or any other exercise we usually overestimate our capabilities in my mind I can still run and catch a bus I don’t know the circumstances surrounding the swimmers difficulties but it would not surprise me to learn his fitness level not as he remembered 

"Drowning in Pattaya", "Jomtien Beach lifeguards", "Soi 13’s entrance in the Banglamung district"

No I am not confused.

So let's assume it's opposite Pattaya beach rd corner of Soi 13.

Edited by KhunBENQ

You have absolutely no idea how close I was 3 weeks ago to be here in the news.

We were in Pattaya for Christmas. Beach, Jomtien, Soi 3. Wife says that her sisters children balloon was taken by sea, can I save it? f course, I'm in my low 30s and I run 5k every single day (except Sundays). Jump in the water, start swimming and swimming. And very soon I realize, that the balloon is taken to the open sea and I with it. After about 15 minutes of swimming I really had enough. Problem is I'm like 20% to the balloon and 80% to the beach. Adjusted to the current my situation is like 50%/50%. At this point I'm way beyond of point where jet skies are riding and I'm completely alone. I decide go for the balloon instead of fighting current on the way back. After what seems like infinity I finally reach the damn balloon. Put it under me and start kicking back. Not even trying to swim. Just kick with legs, rest on the balloon. This goes for a very long time. Till I finally reach the beach. Where I almost collapse, because muscles in my arm and legs are shaking like crazy. (like I said, I run 5k every day ... so I really put up a fight). After sitting for about 10 minutes I came back to myself and I start slowly walking back (I started at Soi 3 and ended up at Soi 16).

At the arrival back I of course get a lot of "did you find mia noi jokes" from the family, because it was more than 1 hour since they last saw me.

The very same afternoon a seller walks around with a set of beach toys, which contains things like little plastic shovel, bucket .... and that damn ballon. And screams 60 Bath, 60 Bath, 60 Bath ... . ???????? ????

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

You have absolutely no idea how close I was 3 weeks ago to be here in the news.

We were in Pattaya for Christmas. Beach, Jomtien, Soi 3. Wife says that her sisters children balloon was taken by sea, can I save it? f course, I'm in my low 30s and I run 5k every single day (except Sundays). Jump in the water, start swimming and swimming. And very soon I realize, that the balloon is taken to the open sea and I with it. After about 15 minutes of swimming I really had enough. Problem is I'm like 20% to the balloon and 80% to the beach. Adjusted to the current my situation is like 50%/50%. At this point I'm way beyond of point where jet skies are riding and I'm completely alone. I decide go for the balloon instead of fighting current on the way back. After what seems like infinity I finally reach the damn balloon. Put it under me and start kicking back. Not even trying to swim. Just kick with legs, rest on the balloon. This goes for a very long time. Till I finally reach the beach. Where I almost collapse, because muscles in my arm and legs are shaking like crazy. (like I said, I run 5k every day ... so I really put up a fight). After sitting for about 10 minutes I came back to myself and I start slowly walking back (I started at Soi 3 and ended up at Soi 16).

At the arrival back I of course get a lot of "did you find mia noi jokes" from the family, because it was more than 1 hour since they last saw me.

The very same afternoon a seller walks around with a set of beach toys, which contains things like little plastic shovel, bucket .... and that damn ballon. And screams 60 Bath, 60 Bath, 60 Bath ... . ???????? ????

The main thing is you made it back to pay the bill.  :smile:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

And none of them saw fit to report you missing presumed drowned?