Thailand Named Top Destination for Chinese Travelers

webfact

image.jpeg

by Krajangwit Johjit

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand is emerging as a popular destination among Chinese travelers, as they look to travel internationally after more than two years of travel restrictions.

According to Amanpreet Bajaj, Airbnb’s General Manager for Southeast Asia, India, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, and Pattaya have been the most searched Thai destinations on Airbnb by Chinese travelers, who are also showing an increased interest in historical homes, domes, boat houses, and camping tents.

Amanpreet noted that the desire for international travel amongst Chinese guests is at an all-time high, adding that it is extremely encouraging to see this surge in international travel interest in Thailand among visitors from China.

During the recent Chinese New Year, Thailand was also one of the most popular destinations globally by Chinese guests on Airbnb, along with the United States and Japan.

Airbnb is now working with its host community and the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) in China to provide travelers with the iconic hospitality that Thailand is known for. The company is also promoting off-the-beaten-track destinations, and working to spread the benefits of tourism to more local neighborhoods and businesses to support an inclusive tourism recovery.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230202110344393

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2023-02-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Amanpreet Bajaj, Airbnb’s General Manager for Southeast Asia, India, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, and Pattaya have been the most searched Thai destinations on Airbnb by Chinese travelers, who are also showing an increased interest in historical homes, domes, boat houses, and camping tents.

Searched... says it all.

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Is it perhaps that nowhere else wants them and Thailand is well known to take anybody?

I think its the only country  were they can spit their half chewed food back into the plate. Put me right off breakfast yesterday at Kiss.

If only I was allowed to write in Chinese, since I'm fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese.

I would write in bold letters:    Hello, Go to Chiangmai and Pattaya and Phuket and every other city in Thailand is not worth a visit.   Group tours only.   Farangs love loud noises, and even a little shoving to get their attention.    Enjoy, Thailand is more your home than the dirty farang who is not remotely Asian.   If I don't see you, tell all farangs that Mr. Deeznutz says, "Hi."