Thai Lady Looking For Thai Friend In London

snoophound

My suggestion would be to visit the Thai temple in Wimbledon http://www.buddhapadipa.org/index.html

Good suggestion, it’s certainly a focal point for Thais in London. I have been there many times in the past & can recommend a visit any Sunday lunchtime.

Wat Thai is definitely a good idea. (My wife hooked me there.) Try to find out when there are any big celebrations.

There should also be a large Thai food festival shortly. It is an annual event & should be being held in Battersea Park. Used to be at Wat Thai until it outgrew the grounds about ten years ago.

Other possibilities are any of the numerous Thai restaurants or supermarkets around town. Drop in & have a chat. (Sorry, can not give up-to-date examples because I've not been in London for almost seven years.)

If she's in North-West london, she might want to consider donating some food at a dana on Sunday at Wat Amaravati and get to know the ladies in the kitchen while she's reheating it. The Amaravati Monastery is in Great Gaddesden, Hertfordshire. To get it to it, turn off the main road from Hemel Hempstead to Leighton Buzzard, drive up the hill through the village and take the right fork. There may be a sign to something (e.g. a 'children's farm') at the fork. The temple is on the left, after the road has started to level off.

This monastery has a mixed congregation - Thai, Sri Lankan and British.