Pattaya: Drunk man tries on the gold then says "Pai laew na" - "Tata, I'm off now!"

webfact

S__13869068.jpg

77kaoded Thai Caption: Drunk man asks to try on gold, then walks out of shop

77kaoded went to investigate a gold shop 'heist' with a difference.

A drunk man walked into the shop in Soi Khao Noi, Moo 10, Nong Prue, Pattaya, and made as if to buy gold.

He tried on two items then said he was off and walked out.

But he didn't flee, the owner found him outside getting more plastered.

He returned the one baht weight bracelet and one baht ring without any fuss.

S__204341251.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Pichitrachon, 33, the owner of Thong Mang Mee Sap said the man walked out saying "Pai Laew Na".

"I was flummoxed," said the owner as he pointed to where he found the drunk getting drunker.

"I told him nicely that "phee khrap" if you're going to take something out of the shop you have to pay for it.

"He said; Oh I AM buying it, just let me finish my beverage. Then he returned the gold items".

He did call the police who took the man away. A subsequent search of his room uncovered a lot of marijuana that was seized.

But the gold shop owner didn't intend to prosecute the man as he got his gold back.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-03-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A subsequent search of his room uncovered a lot of marijuana that was seized.

Why? I thougt it was legal, did they search his fridge for alcohol (also legal).

Edited by watchcat