RoadSafety summary for 26 February - 4 March 2023:

I wonder how these statistics might compare with other countries if multiple road deaths due to travel in flatbed trucks and people carriers were discounted ......might even be comparable with developed nations????

22 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The national average last year was 40 deaths a day.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40023780

On the other hand you could believe what WHO has to say rather than stick with the official government figures. Take your pick.

https://cdn.who.int/media/docs/default-source/thailand/roadsafety/overview-en-final-25-7-19.pdf?sfvrsn=f9d7a862_2

57 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it.

They're not really concerned as it comes under "population control"

Given that the Thai government have expressed alarm at the low and declining birth rate I would think that they are very much concerned about the high death rates on roads. Especially when one considers that the majority of losses are the countries potential bread winners, young males on their motorcycles,

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I wonder how these statistics might compare with other countries if multiple road deaths due to travel in flatbed trucks and people carriers were discounted ......might even be comparable with developed nations????

In back of trucks not as many as motorbikes as usual, still no proper training and restrictions enforced hence the 89% total. 

• Like 1