Looking For Sponge Rubber Mattress Shop

rafval

There is a specialized shop in matresses near the bridge over a Klong on Pracha Uthit Road (Ramkhamhaeng 39) . Metro station Thailand Cultural Centre, tell the taxi driver to go to Mengjai junction and once you are ther (at the junction) take a right turn. Watch to your right shortly after you have crossed the bridge. Its a multi-storey building with mattress adverts on its facade.

There is a specialized shop in matresses near the bridge over a Klong on Pracha Uthit Road (Ramkhamhaeng 39) . Metro station Thailand Cultural Centre, tell the taxi driver to go to Mengjai junction and once you are ther (at the junction) take a right turn. Watch to your right shortly after you have crossed the bridge. Its a multi-storey building with mattress adverts on its facade.

Foam rubber, latex mattresses.

The BEST for sleeping, betcha life they are.

Dunno where to buy one in BKK.

I live in NZ and it is quite COLD at nite. With a foam mattress I never need electric blanket or anything to warm up with.

I feel, if ya buy one in Thailand, make sure it is a firm one, it will be cooler.

My soft one is so cosy and warm, no way for Thailand.

I find the firm mattresses in backpackers here, in Thailand, are great for a cool nite's kip.

Good luck in ya search.

Kiwi Pete

I assume what's known as the 'dunlopillo' in England a similar (or better version) thing to what's being discussed here.

I'm following this because I'm preparing my belongings for shipping and was going to simply throw out the foam mattress (double bed size - cost me around €200 a few years ago). Please post what it would cost in Thailand. Maybe I should add mine to the shipment - as I'll be needing to equip my house there anyway.

anyone know where I can get one? preferably near nana area, cheers

Had excellent experience with Phayathai Mattress on the north side of Petchburi Road, a couple of sois (soi 7?) west of Phayathai Road (exit Ratchathewi BTS).

Asked them to make a twin mattress special, double layer of soft foam over dense foam core. Took a while, because he didn't want to deliver it while it was still outgassing glue solvent. Around 3000 baht a couple of years ago.

They were polite, easy to deal with, spoke English, and had a bunch of pre-made ones in stock.

They make a lot of thin massage mattresses, covered in vinyl for the oily purveyors, too.

Ask for Khun Dist.

Steve

ended up getting a 4 foot wide mattress for 1000b near pethaburi 12, had fold up sponge rubber ones for 800 or less, the foam ones seem to collect a lot of moisture in my experience and need airing every day, thanks for the help everyone

anyone know where I can get one? preferably near nana area, cheers

Check out the Nana Hotel on soi 3...they have what your looking for..best mattress ...just what your looking for. Check with management....!

Aku

• 10 months later...

Sorry, but is the shop at Ratchada? as you said Cultural center station but also Megjai I ust wonder ?!

Thanks.