Back Seat Drivers......

My GF is a fanatical BSD.

"Mind that Pickup, Darling"

"Look out!"

"You are very near that Motorbike, honey"..........etc etc

I used to get angry. But now I shut my ears.....

Do lots of Thai Women do this sort of thing?

I know mine does and it still winds me up...

Her. .......................... " Teeeeeeeeelak ...............the air con is too cold. "

Me ............................. " No it freekin ain,t ...........teelak " ( Said very fast so she does not understand :o )

Edited by stevemiddie

"Look out!"

MOTORBIKE!!!!

Car!

You no have brake?

Slow, SLOW!!!

Drive slow.... 'Why you drive so slow?'

Argh! Motorbike!

Thai no drive same Farang drive.

Yes, All the time and when the family do the same I tell the same same wife.... if they say 'slow' one more time they can get out and walk. No one believed me until it happened 2 minutes later and I stopped the car, turned off the ignition and told the offender to get out. After a 10 minute stand-off, I drove on with the offender in the car but have had no more comments when driving family about, though the BS driver still gives me earache :o

Not long after my Brother told his wife to stop being a BSD, he hit a pedestrian......

His Missus said later that she had seen the Guy, but was afraid to say anything!

There is a moral here........."Four eyes are better than two!"

Mine is an absolutely hellacious backseat driver.

I drive too slow in the city, I drive too fast on the highway, I don't follow closely enough (I like to leave about "2 seconds" of distance between myself and the car ahead of me, and almost a car length in front of me at traffic lights). I'm always in the wrong lane, park in the wrong places, or don't park nicely (perfectly centered and parallel to the lines in the parking spot). I don't leave enough space between myself and the car beside me at a light for motorcycles to pass, and just about anything else she can think of to complain about.

Strangely enough - fender benders are an annual occurence on average for her, and hasn't happened to me (yet - touch wood - I'll never hear the end of it when it finally does happen to me) in almost 5 years of driving here.

I do enjoy being the passenger in her car... serious payback time!!

When i first moved here, i bought a GPS for the truck. No matter where i went, my g/f knew a better route than the GPS,so the GPS got turned off (easier than turning off g/f ).

I get instructions like "Turn left go straight" ??????

Left and Right mixed up, both in Thai and English, although i understand that this is a universal problem for women :D

"Why you car break (park) here honey"

She ALWAYS applies make-up in the car, even if it has been applied just before she gets in the truck. When asked why, she answers " because have mirror honey"

I'm driving her and two of her sisters to Roi-Et on sunday......... Wish me luck :o:D:D .

Regards Jaiyenyen

I got used to most of it but one thing still gets me everytime they use it from the back seat (where I can't see the speaker): "Tee nee, tee neee, tee neeeeee... noon, nooon, noooon, oiiiiiiii..." - go here... go there.

Perfectly natural for an egocentric - they presume that everyone see the world through their eyes so everyone knows where exactly "nooon" is.

I got a lot of advice from the left side of the cab when we first bought the pickup truck. He was really a nervous nelly, but I wasn't the most impressive driver. At least he speaks English well and I understand him, even if he calls the sidewalk the footpath. Once I learned to drive a car/truck in Chiang Mai, he relaxed. And yes, he has no car license even after taking a driving course. Of course, driving a four wheeled vehicle is nothing like a motorcycle. He'll still tell me when I'm too far to the left, too close to motorcycles, etc. I could always say, "I've owned 17 motor cars, and driven them for millions of miles. And youuuuu?"

good to know that I am not the only one who gets the "Daaarrllinggg!!! Carefulll!!!" shouts while driving! Worse than the shouts are the hits on the leg that come with the shouts...

Funniest....once I drove really fast up to Lake Maprachan (late for the F1 race), she said that I drive nice and slow this time and should do like this everytime.... :o ...lesson learned, full throttle from now on! :D

her "Turn right here"

we move to the right lane to turn

her "No No No right" arm pointing to the left

hmmmmm

Pa said never let her drive, I let her ride the motrobike once, 2 minutes out my right shoulder cleaned up a minivans side mirror as its stops for a red light and we go zooming thru

I make occasional trips from Loei to Jomtien to visit friends. Over the past three years she has taken the bus back to Loei twice because I told her that she wasn't riding back with me. YES, she really knows how to irritate me when I am driving.

I make occasional trips from Loei to Jomtien to visit friends. Over the past three years she has taken the bus back to Loei twice because I told her that she wasn't riding back with me. YES, she really knows how to irritate me when I am driving.

Aaaah Gary. Gaaaary boyo. Don't be too hard on her. She is only trying to be helpful.........

"Look out!"

She only does this, when she is not sleeping in the car :D

PS: But we already had big disputes in the car, when we got lost in Bangkok...where I can't read the majority of signs and she was still yelling at me, that I drive too fast, don't know the way, never listen to her.....I was virtually at the edge of throwing her out of the car, but ok, after a few minutes things calmed down...well normal life :o

Edited by moo9