Slow Torrent Downloads Today

chevykanteve

My Torrent download-speed has been great for months. Then suddenly, since this morning, it's dropped by at least 70% (though normal web-surfing speed remains normal at around 900 kbps). Upload-speed for torrents remains normal. Only the download speed is extremely low. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using Maxinet.

Edited by chevykanteve

Guest Reimar

Downloading with utorrent ~100 kB + ~35 kB + ~65 kB and upload at same time ~ 50 kB. Linespeed is 2,560 kbps down and 512 kbs up via TRUE.

Remote connection at same time with 16 bit color and max 100 frame/s.

No Problems

Same same with tot gold using azureus.Was downloading a huge file last night which came in fine and had to go for an estimate 6 hours at 8 o'clock this morning.Now at 20 pm it estimates another 11 days 14 hours.

not sure if this has anything to do with the OP...

I am on TT&T Maxnet got 1029 ( or something approx of that), net slow call day then, down about 5pm until after 1030pm. Call center said they had some big problem in their conburi IT center.

This past week, down here in Pattaya, I found the net very slow and it was not great the week before either.

I hope this is only a tempoary thing. I can handle the odd few hours outage due to heavy rain storm, that seems the normal, but a continous slow, hanging net speed, is just very poor service.

• 3 weeks later...
Same same with tot gold using azureus.Was downloading a huge file last night which came in fine and had to go for an estimate 6 hours at 8 o'clock this morning.Now at 20 pm it estimates another 11 days 14 hours.

people like you taking precious bandwidth from others should be banned by your ISPs! :o

people like you taking precious bandwidth from others should be banned by your ISPs! :o

Sorry,didn't realize that they created adsl only for your needs.

Yep, I noticed that today. I'm on TOT 1Mbps which normally delivers about 800 until the afternoon and then slows to about 400 or 500. The torrent is usually about 80-100kB/s but today it's slowed to a crawling 15-20.

Current speed-test shows 500 kbps with torrents running at 15 kBps down and 49kBps up. Looks like I'll have to wait another day to watch some Monty Python.