Domestic Flight From Don Muang

sezzo

I am flying into BKK from Oz at the end of Aug to the new airport and staying overnight close to Don Muang for an early morning flight to Ubon to see the family. Is Thai using the same domestic terminal for domestic flights as before or have things changed. Just want to make sure so I dont have to do the long walk over the corridor between terminals.

The domestic terminal that THAI and all the other airlines are using at Don Muang is the same domestic terminal as before. But gone are a lot of the booths once you pass through the security checkpoint (or at least they were gone when I used Don Muang a few months ago - don't know if they've added anything since then). So eat/drink whatever you need to before going through security. Other than that, and a lot less crowded, it's pretty much the same as it was before.

Just had a couple of thoughts.

1) have you booked and paid for your tickets Oz to Thailand already?

2) Whick airport are you departing Australia from?

Peter

I have already booked and paid for a flight with Thai departing from Sydney

Please dont tell me that you can get me a cheap flight :o

Please dont tell me that you can get me a cheap flight

No, not that. I thought if you were leaving from the west coast (Perth), you could have flown Tiger Airways from PER-Singapore-Udon Thani and bypassed Don Muang altogether.

There's quite a variation in fare prices on the Australia-BKK air route. Thai is the only carrier to fly direct (with the exception of Sydney) - when they fly SYD-BNE-BKK. If I want to get a cheap flight BNE-BKK, I have to fly BNE-MEL-BKK. Crazy stuff.

Have a great time in Thailand.

Peter

Please dont tell me that you can get me a cheap flight

No, not that. I thought if you were leaving from the west coast (Perth), you could have flown Tiger Airways from PER-Singapore-Udon Thani and bypassed Don Muang altogether.

There's quite a variation in fare prices on the Australia-BKK air route. Thai is the only carrier to fly direct (with the exception of Sydney) - when they fly SYD-BNE-BKK. If I want to get a cheap flight BNE-BKK, I have to fly BNE-MEL-BKK. Crazy stuff.

Have a great time in Thailand.

Peter

Its good to see that a few more airlines are giving budget prices into asia from Oz now as well as the domestic market here.. Sure will give Quaintarse a run for its money now.

You can fly airasia from the new airport, one filght per day at 2 pm to ubon and it's under 2000 baht if you book early

I know of the Air Asia flights as I used them many times over the past 3 years when I was living in Ubon permanently. I am back in Oz for about 18 months so for the domestic flights while on my holiday to see the family Thai offers the best timings for flights close to my arrival time. I arrive at 1630 and dont want to wait until 2pm the next day for a flight when I am here for only a short period of time.

Thanks anyway for the info