Thai Oil Massage

SiamSquare123

Oil massage is actually a better treatment for your body then Thai massage. A good done Oil massage will not only be an excellent treat for your body and mind, correct one it can fight infections chronic health problems. Yes, Oil is generally used and unfortunately mostly not very good oil, also Oil massage requires a very well trained therapist to be really good. This separates oil massages in two categories, professional massages will cost you between 2.500 and 4.500 THB per hour while the average street massage you will get for 300-500 THB per hour. Logically you can’t expect the street massages to use special oils and will have to live with the sticky oily feeling. You should try it anyway. If your budget don’t allow you to try a good place with good oils and qualified therapist and you don't like the sticky oil feeling, ask them to use Aloe Vera Gel instate. (Some may have it, or buy it in the pharmacy for your self).

Have fun :o

Sorry, missed your second question. Oil massage treats the whole body, in serious places with one exception of course. Usually the massage starts you laying face down on your left foot, left leg, right leg, lower back, back, shoulder, arms. Then you ask to turn around and the therapist will work the same way up und the front site. Finally you have usually your head massages, but usually without oil.

If you feel like “rubbed down with oil” you was definitive in the wrong place.

PS: A good massage therapist will focus on the acupressure points and not on the funny points of your body.

nud_e massage - and rubbed down with oil. Don't really care for it - even after a shower feel oily!!!

You need to go for a soapy massage after that to get rid of the excess oil.

:o

Seriously though, not all oil massages are nud_e. It depends on the establishment you visit.

The one I visit regularly with my wife is one where we shower first, and are covered by by a towel during the massage. The towel position is adjusted as required by the masseuse whilst she is undertaking the massage.

does anyone know what kind of oil is used? i am trying to picture it in my mind and just cant.

It depends on the establishment you visit.

If you go to an up-market place they will use a variety of scented oils... sometimes you have a choice.

If you go to a run-of-the-mill streetside massage place, they will use plain baby oil.

This website will give you an idea of available treatments at one of Thailand's more reputable spa and massage centres.