House Builder Udon Thani/sakhon Nakhon Area?

BeauGeste

I live between Udon Thani and Sakhon Nakhon and am looking for a decent house builder. The area is Phang Khon 60kms west of Sakhon on the road to Udon. Anyone who know's of one and can pass on contact details either via this means or PM would be much appreciated. One that speaks a bit of English would be a bonus. Thanks in advance.

I live between Udon Thani and Sakhon Nakhon and am looking for a decent house builder. The area is Phang Khon 60kms west of Sakhon on the road to Udon. Anyone who know's of one and can pass on contact details either via this means or PM would be much appreciated. One that speaks a bit of English would be a bonus. Thanks in advance.

A little more detail from you would be helpful:

Size of the house (sq meters/feet)

Number of bedrooms

Western or Thai style

Do you have plan drawings?

Hi, Thanks for the reply

Looking at building a Western style house, three to four bedrooms. Haven't decided on the size yet. Nothing too extravagent but not a shoe box either. No drawings made as yet.

Something like this suit your fancy? 3 bedroom, 180 sq meters

post-48528-1185528525_thumb.jpg

post-48528-1185528641_thumb.jpg

Edited by roietjimmy

roietjimmy you a builder?

No but this is my house which was just finished. If BeauGeste wanted something like this I would recommend the excellent builder I used. I did design the house and participate daily in it's construction but really not interested in being "a builder".

No but this is my house which was just finished. If BeauGeste wanted something like this I would recommend the excellent builder I used. I did design the house and participate daily in it's construction but really not interested in being "a builder".

may i ask you how much for a house like yours ?

'im thinking to build one, but i haven't any idea of the price.

It was around 2.1 million baht. 150,000 for the land (40x40 meter lot), 1.8M for the house, and 100,000 for the wall around the property. Should you care for more detail, let me know.

BeauGeste

My Father inlaw lives in Udon and is a very respected man and builder.

I am in Australia and married to his daughter.

I have seen many of his projects and depends on what you are looking for. We have just bought Rai in Udon and are getting him to build on it.

You will get ripped off as I have seen some buildings and the prices that go with them.

1 million Baht will just about get you a mansion depending on YOUR type of mansion.

We talk to my father inlaw on a regular basis. I would assist you if you like.

It was around 2.1 million baht. 150,000 for the land (40x40 meter lot), 1.8M for the house, and 100,000 for the wall around the property. Should you care for more detail, let me know.

many thanks, i have an idea now.

Hi,

I live in Nong Mek, 8km East of Nong Han on the Udon-Sakhon Nakhon road and have built a house here recently (moved in Late Jan) with a local builder from Nong Hang. We did visit many builders and houses before we decided for this builder.

If you wish we could bring you in contact with this builder, you will need to visit some of the houses he built though.

We used some of the house books you can buy at any good book shop to find what we liked most.

PM me if you like.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I live in Nong Mek, 8km East of Nong Han on the Udon-Sakhon Nakhon road and have built a house here recently (moved in Late Jan) with a local builder from Nong Hang. We did visit many builders and houses before we decided for this builder.

If you wish we could bring you in contact with this builder, you will need to visit some of the houses he built though.

We used some of the house books you can buy at any good book shop to find what we liked most.

PM me if you like.

My Father inlaw is in Ban Loa wicha , not so far from Nong Mek (about 20min) a reputable man and builder in Udon.

I know this is late but wasn't sure how to reply.

We are going back to Udon/Loa Wicha in December.

We are in Bris .

• 1 year later...

BeauGeste

I have seen many of his projects and depends on what you are looking for. We have just bought Rai in Udon and are getting him to build on it.

You will get ripped off as I have seen some buildings and the prices that go with them.

1 million Baht will just about get you a mansion depending on YOUR type of mansion.

Hi Rahni,

My wife Natcha and I are looking to build a house in the near future on our land at Bang Chang near Udon.

I am an Aussie and Natcha's family come from this area so we would like to return to her village and build a nice home.

Really don't know where to start so would like to make contact with your father in law to see what is possible.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Edited by Purakan

BeauGeste

Hi Rahni,

My wife Natcha and I are looking to build a house in the near future on our land at Bang Chang near Udon.

I am an Aussie and Natcha's family come from this area so we would like to return to her village and build a nice home.

Really don't know where to start so would like to make contact with your father in law to see what is possible.

Hi Purakan

Is your land and inlaws living in Ban Chang A.Thungfon ?

If so my Father inlaw and family are vertually next door in Ban Loawicha about three km towards Ban Dung. We/they frequently use the covenience store at Ban Chang and buy fish from a farm there.

When you are there you could easily visit my father inlaw 'Thongtawee Thammasong' by going to the first shop on the left as you get into Loawicha and ask directions which is very simple, as they live down the first left turn at the shops and down 3-4 houses on the right, the one with the rendered fence and sliding gate.

You could always explain that you have been talking to Shane, his daugthers husband and take it from there. As I said, we are regularly in touch via the phone.

I am sure that if you were to catch up with him he would phone us.

• 1 month later...

Hi Roietjimmy

Who was the builder you used?

And where is he/she based out of?

Hi,

PM me if you like.

Hi Tartempion

The book shop you talk about,is this in Sakon nakhon?

May seem like a stupid Q but I want to do as much research as I can

before I buy.

Thanks mate

• 5 months later...

Hi miy name is Kingy.I have recently met your father inlaw, a really lovely and helpful guy. He travelled down t nong bua lamphu to give us a quote on building a small house for my wifes parents and for holidays for my wife and kids.

The design is balinese/western style, about 100sq mtr with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. It's built up over one off the ground, got aluminium windows ad glass sliding doors and a sheet plaster internal roof instead of plaster tiles.

Kitchen will be thai style and both toilets are farang style.

I've attached plans and a picture of a house that it will be similar to.

BeauGeste

Hi Rahni,

Hi Purakan

Is your land and inlaws living in Ban Chang A.Thungfon ?

If so my Father inlaw and family are vertually next door in Ban Loawicha about three km towards Ban Dung. We/they frequently use the covenience store at Ban Chang and buy fish from a farm there.

When you are there you could easily visit my father inlaw 'Thongtawee Thammasong' by going to the first shop on the left as you get into Loawicha and ask directions which is very simple, as they live down the first left turn at the shops and down 3-4 houses on the right, the one with the rendered fence and sliding gate.

You could always explain that you have been talking to Shane, his daugthers husband and take it from there. As I said, we are regularly in touch via the phone.

I am sure that if you were to catch up with him he would phone us.

post-85893-1248832027_thumb.jpg

post-85893-1248832052_thumb.jpg

post-85893-1248832233_thumb.jpg