Mitsubishi Triton Preformance Upgrades

hey all,

i have a 3.2gls mistuibishi trition double cab,

the problem starts and ends with the fact that it is not suited to the way i want it to drive.

previous cars i have owned have been rather fast, and well even though the 3.2gls has torque i need more of it and alot more power to go with it. im wondering are their any upgrade turbo kits aviable for the 3.2gls. im looking for around 300-400hp.

another option is the Megafire preformance chip. they state that you can obtain approx 200hp and sum 500tq on a preformance chip that actually includes 3 different chips. boost controller, engine controller and speed something or rather. total cost a minimum of 35,000bat....

would it be smarter and suitable to just get a piggy back greddy ecu system and just change the curve to give even more hp and torque or is that not possible?

lastly....what other preformance upgrades are their for the 3.2gls triton.

thanks for all your help..

philip.

im looking for around 300-400hp. the problem starts and ends with the fact that it is not suited to the way i want it to drive. .

Like, Straight up at Mach 7 ? :o

I think the problem started and ended with reality, or rather the relation between reality and your perception of it;

(the reality of Thai roads, and of pick-ups, and what such vehicles are designed to do)

.what other preformance upgrades are their for the 3.2gls triton.

Go buy two blue PVC sewer pipes, the biggest ones, and bolt them on the left and right side of the truck. Now fill with gun powder and light them up; preferably at the same time, though it's more spectacular if you light one of them first, then the other.

Edited by Sanpatong

haha,

i wish...

the reality is the fact that i like move when i step on the gass....

getting used to a 13sec car is easy to deal with, but getting used to one that does it in like 19 or so, is really just a bit to slow for what im looking for.

i understand the obvious choice for getting 300hp plus is easier just to put a 2j, 1j even 3j or an rb26dett series or to that extent a 1uzf (range rover v8), but then again im not looking to change the engine...

Turbo kits??? is their a complete set of a turbo kit that basicly will increase power to around 300?

alternatives to the megafire power chip??? (lightbox) as i know it....

thanks!

haha,

i wish...

the reality is the fact that i like move when i step on the gass....

getting used to a 13sec car is easy to deal with, but getting used to one that does it in like 19 or so, is really just a bit to slow for what im looking for.

i understand the obvious choice for getting 300hp plus is easier just to put a 2j, 1j even 3j or an rb26dett series or to that extent a 1uzf (range rover v8), but then again im not looking to change the engine...

Turbo kits??? is their a complete set of a turbo kit that basicly will increase power to around 300?

alternatives to the megafire power chip??? (lightbox) as i know it....

thanks!

Buy a porsche cayene!!!!!!

porsche cayene, haha at a sum of over 10million, compared to a 4x4 double cab 3.2gls 890,000.

haha.

i guess the best alternative is just go to a garage and see what they have avaible, can anyone recomand a garage that modifies disels?

Sorry but haven't got time to do a detailed search here but there was someone posting about another truck, perhaps Vigo and upgrading the performance. in this forum about 2 or 3 months ago perhaps 6 months. That might help.

There seemed to be be 2 trains of thought, one which was just increase the power, the other was to start with the suspension and brakes etc.

There is a member here, something with F1 in the name, that posted a detailed information about modifying Trtons, more specifically throwing diesels away and replacing them with second hand Japanese engines. The sky is the limit if you go that way. He even included pictures from a magazine what the result looked like.

thanks all, i appreiate it. if u could please forward the tread it would be very appreiated.

yea it is easy to swap a J series in their, 1uzf or even the RB series but truth be top i dont want to change a not even year old engine, it seems like a complete waste....

suspensions, brake it, turbo kit, ecu with new rims and tiers is what im looking for....

If you want to up the power to 400 bhp, you'd better start to replace some stuff inside your engine and gearbox/clutch as well.

Putting out that much powers generates some serious heat, which can be very difficult to dissipate without major modifications to cooling/lubrication systems. We're talking about complete new heads with bigger oil conduits to allow for a high volume of oil to pass through it. Use some serious boost along with lots of fuel, and you easily melt some valves!

Crankshaft and it's bearings, pushrods, pistons, I doubt they are up to handling 400 horses without bending for anything more then very short bursts! You wouldn't be the first seeing pushrods being shot through the bonnet (or hood, whatever :o)...

Anything over 500 NM of torque (easily attainable with these diesel engines and some good engine management) will burn your clutch in no time, move over to 700NM and you can drive the teeth of the gears in your box... This amount of torque would see your rear axle twist visibly when watching the car pull away from the back...

Anyway, you're limited to how much diesel can be injected at the standard pressure with full duty cycle on your injectors. Limits the boost your turbo can deliver without wrecking your engine...Higher pressure diesel pumps are pretty expensive toys!

Good luck, but me thinks your a little enthusiastic.

Although, the sky is the limit, technology is very flexible, but your bank manager better be very flexible as well if you start hunting for the real horse power :D

You guys make it all so difficult. Look, just bolt a rocket to the pick-up bed and voila, instant acceleration :o

The Arizona Highway Patrol were mystified when they came upon a pile of smoldering wreckage embedded in the side of a cliff rising above the road at the apex of a curve. The metal debris resembled the site of an airplane crash, but it turned out to be the vaporized remains of an automobile. The make of the vehicle was unidentifiable at the scene.

The folks in the lab finally figured out what it was, and pieced together the events that led up to its demise.

It seems that a former Air Force sergeant had somehow got hold of a JATO (Jet Assisted Take-Off) unit. JATO units are solid fuel rockets used to give heavy military transport airplanes an extra push for take-off from short airfields.

Dried desert lakebeds are the location of choice for breaking the world ground vehicle speed record. The sergeant took the JATO unit into the Arizona desert and found a long, straight stretch of road. He attached the JATO unit to his car, jumped in, accelerated to a high speed, and fired off the rocket.

The facts, as best as could be determined, are as follows:

The operator was driving a 1967 Chevy Impala. He ignited the JATO unit approximately 3.9 miles from the crash site. This was established by the location of a prominently scorched and melted strip of asphalt. The vehicle quickly reached a speed of between 250 and 300 mph and continued at that speed, under full power, for an additional 20-25 seconds. The soon-to-be pilot experienced G-forces usually reserved for dog-fighting F-14 jocks under full afterburners.

The Chevy remained on the straight highway for approximately 2.6 miles (15-20 seconds) before the driver applied the brakes, completely melting them, blowing the tires, and leaving thick rubber marks on the road surface. The vehicle then became airborne for an additional 1.3 miles, impacted the cliff face at a height of 125 feet, and left a blackened crater 3 feet deep in the rock.

Most of the driver's remains were not recovered; however, small fragments of bone, teeth, and hair were extracted from the crater, and fingernail and bone shards were removed from a piece of debris believed to be a portion of the steering wheel.

thanks all,

so i guess a simple turbo upgrade, bigger intercooler, blow off valve and waste gate wouldnt be a simple enough kit if im looking for some aditional hp, if i only want the power to increase by 50 or so and torque by an extra 100nm of torque....

how much can the stock 3.2gls engine internal hold? transmission?

does anyone know how much psi of boost is on the stock 3.2gls? and at exactly what rpm does the turbo kick in? from my knowledge at 2,000rpm i can hear, the turbo whisteling, but under that i dont hear it...making sure it does not engage b4....or atleast it might be at low psi.

Increasing up to 50% of available HP/torque is usually not much of a problem on a truck, the engine/gearbox combo's are normally over engineered.

On a manual gearbox you'll probably wear out the clutch faster, but this is a relative minor job when replacement is needed.

On an auto box you run the risk of overheating the gear oil due to the increased heat generated in the torque converter. If the gearbox has an external cooler this is not too hard to improve on.

Turbo's always kick in quite late, additional low end torque is generated usually by using compressors instead of turbo's. Smaller turbo's spin up faster, so less lag before the power kicks in, and at a lower rpm, all at the cost of less maximum boost/high end power. That's why 6 cylinder engines often use 2 small turbo's, 1 per 3 cylinders.

Bigger intercooler is always good, especially at higher boost pressures. Just make sure the injection system can supply sufficient fuel. Not sure on diesel engines (no experience tuning those), but on petrol engines lack of fuel has your engine destroyed in no time (holes in pistons)!!

hey all,

i have a 3.2gls mistuibishi trition double cab,

the problem starts and ends with the fact that it is not suited to the way i want it to drive.

previous cars i have owned have been rather fast, and well even though the 3.2gls has torque i need more of it and alot more power to go with it. im wondering are their any upgrade turbo kits aviable for the 3.2gls. im looking for around 300-400hp.

another option is the Megafire preformance chip. they state that you can obtain approx 200hp and sum 500tq on a preformance chip that actually includes 3 different chips. boost controller, engine controller and speed something or rather. total cost a minimum of 35,000bat....

would it be smarter and suitable to just get a piggy back greddy ecu system and just change the curve to give even more hp and torque or is that not possible?

lastly....what other preformance upgrades are their for the 3.2gls triton.

thanks for all your help..

philip.

Can i suggest looking at the club l200.org they might have some suggestions. Or maybe you should stick to Renualt 5 Turbos and hang out at Macdonald.

Edited by TommyGun

• 2 months later...

For 300 hp you will need:

Turbo Garrett GT 2260V from a BMW 330D 2004 - 2007 (many on Ebay).

Big front mount intercooler.

Free flowing 3" exhaust turbo-back this to get lower egt(exhaust gaz temperature)

Ecu=shop diesel monster box with a proper remap of the boost to not pass the 55 nm of torque to protect gear box and clutch but keep this value up the rev. as HP= 1,36x RPM x Torque.

map it to max rail pressure possible ( remenber gazer have power According to air that you can inject but diesel have power according to fuel injected.)

more advance timing and longer injection duration. with that you should be close to 300 hp.

Ecu=shop:

http://www.cm-club.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19236

http://www.cm-club.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30114

For more you will need bigger injector nozzle and Holset HE400 turbo.

But nozzle are very hard to find for those car. they are easy to find fo VAG TDI and for big diesel american truck but for our japanese they are super hard to find.

Explanation about nozzle:

http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-tem...ate=nozzleswork

see link for nozzle.

http://www.piersdiesel.com/DodgeInjectors.htm

http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-VW-...2703/Categories

I'm myself trying to get my Vigo to the 300 mark. GT2260v is ordered.

• 2 months later...
maRS2

how much is the kit, service, nessary upgrades (clutch, brakes, transmission etc) turbo, intocoller, blow off, waste gate, injectors, ecu, fuel line, axels??

phil, realistically what you are after here is a full makeover, id say you are looking at a couple million baht if you are serious, and then it still wont go round corners,!..you will have a very fast ( in a straight line ) grand piano,!lol :o ,..if you are serious and are looking at spending that sort of money pm me and ill put you in touch with a guy in bkk that prepared the triton that competed in the dakar last year,.

the funds are comming in mid this year.

im looking to spend up to prob 500,000. on the pickup....300hp will be good for me to get used to in a pickup, after that ill see which road i would like to take.

mike....wow dakar rally, insane. if im correct though, those machines can be bought for about $250,000-$300,000.

haha.

oh yea mike if u and i can strike an agreement on a (special) price for the chip, i would be very inclined to do so....although i heard vigos make 200hp at the wheel with them....so i was wondering why the triton increase in 10hp or so less....(i understand that the vigo actually make more wheel power then the triton....but just out of curouisty the triton has an extra 200cc cant we use that to more of an advantage?) thanks.... :o

the funds are comming in mid this year.

im looking to spend up to prob 500,000. on the pickup....300hp will be good for me to get used to in a pickup, after that ill see which road i would like to take.

mike....wow dakar rally, insane. if im correct though, those machines can be bought for about $250,000-$300,000.

haha.

oh yea mike if u and i can strike an agreement on a (special) price for the chip, i would be very inclined to do so....although i heard vigos make 200hp at the wheel with them....so i was wondering why the triton increase in 10hp or so less....(i understand that the vigo actually make more wheel power then the triton....but just out of curouisty the triton has an extra 200cc cant we use that to more of an advantage?) thanks.... :o

please can you email phil ,we will take it from there, thanks