Visitors Visa Interview

Hi all,

As mentioned in my last post, my gf had an Interview at the embassy and was granted a 6 month VV.

These are the questions she was asked.

• What is your bf's name?
  • How old is he and when is his birthday?
  • Does he have any brothers or sisters?
  • What are their names?
  • How many gf's has your bf had before?
  • And when did the relationship finish?
  • How many people live in his parents house?
  • How many rooms does it have ?
  • what's your current job?
  • Why can you get 2 months holiday leave?
  • Tell me something about your bf?
  • What do you intend to do in the UK?
  • How long do you want to go to UK?

I hope these questions are helpful,

Eamon

Hi all,

As mentioned in my last post, my gf had an Interview at the embassy and was granted a 6 month VV.

These are the questions she was asked.

• What is your bf's name?
  • How old is he and when is his birthday?
  • Does he have any brothers or sisters?
  • What are their names?
  • How many gf's has your bf had before?
  • And when did the relationship finish?
  • How many people live in his parents house?
  • How many rooms does it have ?
  • what's your current job?
  • Why can you get 2 months holiday leave?
  • Tell me something about your bf?
  • What do you intend to do in the UK?
  • How long do you want to go to UK?

I hope these questions are helpful,

Eamon

Eamon,

What a diamond - just what I need for my G/f interview comming up soon. Cheers mate.

Roger

Good idea Eamon,

The types of questions they will ask in the interview are really only common sense questions, and the majority of the time the type of questions asked will be based on the information the applicant provided them with in there supporting documents.

They can't ask something they don't know the answer to and they only know what you've already told them!!!

Any other questions will be because the embassy are unsure of something or need clarification of something written in the application form/supporting documents.

If you are a genuine couple your misses should know the answers to the questions anyway, just make sure you tell the truth and make sure your answers are the same as what you wrote down...

Good luck

Mark

Good idea Eamon,

The types of questions they will ask in the interview are really only common sense questions, and the majority of the time the type of questions asked will be based on the information the applicant provided them with in there supporting documents.

They can't ask something they don't know the answer to and they only know what you've already told them!!!

Any other questions will be because the embassy are unsure of something or need clarification of something written in the application form/supporting documents.

If you are a genuine couple your misses should know the answers to the questions anyway, just make sure you tell the truth and make sure your answers are the same as what you wrote down...

Good luck

Mark

I totally agree with Mark, although they did ask one question they did not know the answer to which was regarding my previous gf's. This was a surprising question as my gf could have answered anything and they would not have known if this was real or not.

Eamon

You will find they will ask questions they don't know the answer to. They are looking for the physical repsonse and not the actual answer itself.

Just looking at the questions above if my GF had been asked some of them she wouldn't have been able to answer a good 1/3 of them, because they are not things that would come up in normal conversation.

Cbr is quite astute in his evaluation.

The interview provides an opportunity for the applicant to demonstrate a knowledge of the sponsor that only a genuine intimacy can engender. There are no right answers as such but the manner and fluency in which they may be delivered can be more telling in assessing the genuineness of the relationship. The questions however can be quite interesting in that they often say rather more about the interviewer and what they consider to be important in any relationship. Given the subjectivity of such a process it's not surprising that adverse decisions occasionally arise particularly when the interviewer is inexperienced and ignorant of the cultural diversity that may mark the exchange i.e core values are not necessarily shared and the significance of their differences can be wrongly attributed.

Still, if one's whoopsie is suitably briefed upon the mores of the UK lower middle classes, from which the FO visa section's staff are generally drawn, she should manage OK.

Edited by the gent

You will find they will ask questions they don't know the answer to. They are looking for the physical repsonse and not the actual answer itself.

Just looking at the questions above if my GF had been asked some of them she wouldn't have been able to answer a good 1/3 of them, because they are not things that would come up in normal conversation.

I agree with you on that.

It is unusual that someone would know someone elses name without ever meeting them, let along there DOB, job etc.

This is why it is important to coach the person going for the interview, with a wide ranger of questions, even if you think they won't be asked.

When my gf went for the interview she already knew my parents names, sisters names, their DOB's, how many bedrooms in my house, how far the airport is from my house, what my parents do etc etc. and she has not even met my parents.. It is better to know more than know less. At the end of the day it doesn't really take that long to remember these details and it can really make a difference at the interview.

Eamon

Not done an application yet (let alone any interview) but last trip we did spend time reading through lists of questions asked of others and culled from this site.

To be honest, some of them even I did not know the answers to! :o

But, nonetheless IMO definately worthwhile going through as it DID cover a few gaps........albeit of things that were not exactly important.

Drilled into the Missus that it is OK to say she does not know or has forgotten, interesting the comment that they may try and ask questions to which she does not know the answer to - just to see a reaction.

Not done an application yet (let alone any interview) but last trip we did spend time reading through lists of questions asked of others and culled from this site.

To be honest, some of them even I did not know the answers to! :o

But, nonetheless IMO definately worthwhile going through as it DID cover a few gaps........albeit of things that were not exactly important.

Drilled into the Missus that it is OK to say she does not know or has forgotten, interesting the comment that they may try and ask questions to which she does not know the answer to - just to see a reaction.

I said the same thing to my gf.

If you dont understand a question tell them you dont understand.

If they are speaking too fast, tell them.

There is no harm in this. At the end of the day its better to answer a question that you understand, then try to answer a question you think you understand.

The key is to be clear and confident.