How long does it take to get a Thai tourist evisa at the Los Angeles consulate?

2 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Thanks, https://thaiconsulatela.thaiembassy.org/en/page/frequently-ask-questions-faq-for-visa?menu=65cfce674225f7628353e512 only says

What is the processing time for e-visa?
It is highly recommended to apply for a visa around one month before your intended travel date.

Many factors play a role in the visa processing times i.e. Is your application is filled out correctly and accompanied by all needed documents, The order the visa application is received in comparison to other visa applications. However, you should see the updates on your visa application dashboard within 15 business days.  (To check status, please sign in to the www.thaievisa.go.th or read below)

I'm looking for visa applicants with recent experience. Does it take 1 day, 15 days, 30 days, etc.?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Richard5 said:

I have gotten two Visas from the LA Consulate over the last 8 months. Both times took less then 10 business days. I found the Consulate to be very helpful, they pick up the phone and reply to emails very quickly. 

Why would you have to call them? 

It depends on what kind of visa you want/need. Marriage (and, I believe, retirement) visas are not issued anywhere in the United States.  

It seems that as rules and regulations change in Thailand, this is not communicated to the consulates or is misinterpreted.  

If you are a U.S. citizen,  come into the country without a visa.  You will be issued a 30-stay visia.  If you want another kind of visa, begin the process immediately. 

When I first came to Thailand in 2011,  I was going to apply for a retirement visa in the U.S., before I left.  After lots of calls to the embassy in Washington D.C., no one could answer any questions. Finally, I saw and ad for Siam Legal and sent them an email.  They confirmed that you can't do a retirement visa in a foreign country.  They secured a 90 business visa for me, and helped me with the retirement visa once I got to Chiang Mai.  I believe their bill was just under $5,000.  Help with visas has gone up, but the process at immigration has improved considerably.

Good luck

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Balance said:

It depends on what kind of visa you want/need. Marriage (and, I believe, retirement) visas are not issued anywhere in the United States.  

It seems that as rules and regulations change in Thailand, this is not communicated to the consulates or is misinterpreted.  

If you are a U.S. citizen,  come into the country without a visa.  You will be issued a 30-stay visia.  If you want another kind of visa, begin the process immediately. 

When I first came to Thailand in 2011,  I was going to apply for a retirement visa in the U.S., before I left.  After lots of calls to the embassy in Washington D.C., no one could answer any questions. Finally, I saw and ad for Siam Legal and sent them an email.  They confirmed that you can't do a retirement visa in a foreign country.  They secured a 90 business visa for me, and helped me with the retirement visa once I got to Chiang Mai.  I believe their bill was just under $5,000.  Help with visas has gone up, but the process at immigration has improved considerably.

Good luck

Is this an advertisement for Siam Legal or did you really get taken for a ride?

I got my retirement visa from the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington, D.C. in July, 2011. I believe the fee was somewhere around $200. Very simple, no problems

• Agree 1

On 3/24/2024 at 10:37 PM, user70 said:

How long does it take to get a Thai tourist evisa at the Los Angeles consulate?

Why would you not go to the official source first?  You don't find this embarrassing?  You should.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Shetraveler said:

Why would you not go to the official source first?  You don't find this embarrassing?  You should.

Because the official source only gave an upper bound.

Edited by user70

On 3/25/2024 at 3:41 PM, Richard5 said:

I have gotten two Visas from the LA Consulate over the last 8 months. Both times took less then 10 business days. I found the Consulate to be very helpful, they pick up the phone and reply to emails very quickly. 

Thanks very much, were they tourist evisa, and by less than 10 business days do you mean slightly less than 10 business days or even much faster than that?