Apple Home Pod 2

jas007

The Apple Thailand website is now listing as available the Apple HomePod 2.  It’s a streaming speaker and also acts as a Siri assistant.  In combination with an Apple TV box, it can integrate with Apple HomeKit and become one of your music speakers. They can also be paired for stereo. There are no wired inputs available. It uses your Wi-Fi or Apple play to play music from an Apple device. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, jas007 said:

The Apple Thailand website is now listing as available the Apple HomePod 2.  It’s a streaming speaker and also acts as a Siri assistant.  In combination with an Apple TV box, it can integrate with Apple HomeKit and become one of your music speakers. They can also be paired for stereo. There are no wired inputs available. It uses your Wi-Fi or Apple play to play music from an Apple device. 

They also have the HomePod Mini, I currently have 8 or 10 Mini’s mostly as stereo pairs, and a pair of HomePods. 
The HomePod is quite expensive, the Mini’s, not so much

Edited by sometimewoodworker

6 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

They also have the HomePod Mini, I currently have 8 or 10 Mini’s mostly as stereo pairs, and a pair of HomePods. 
The HomePod is quite expensive, the Mini’s, not so much

I’ve never heard them side by side, but I used to have the original version of the HomePod that I bought on sale at Best Buy. I think it was $199. It was ok.  Anyway, I ordered one of the new HomePods, so I’ll be able to try it out in a few days. If it’s any good, I might get another one for stereo to use on my desktop.

Update: The speaker arrived and it sounds ok.  It took me a while to get it set up, and I still have some adjustments to make, but I guess I’ll figure it out.

• Like 1

Wow! I'm also in the market for a home pod as my old Google Home - Smart Speaker with Google Assistant - is getting old and the sound is deteriorating. 

Are you guys happy with your Home Pods?

It depends on how you’re going to use them and where. Clearly, the HomePods or the HomePod Minis will be better than the speakers in your laptop or the speakers in your TV.  On the other hand, you can probably get better sound with some real audio equipment at a somewhat higher price point so long as you have the space.

For my TV and music listening, I have some KEF LSX II speakers. They sound way better than a pair of HomePods would sound. But they also cost a lot more.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, george said:

Wow! I'm also in the market for a home pod as my old Google Home - Smart Speaker with Google Assistant - is getting old and the sound is deteriorating. 

Are you guys happy with your Home Pods?

I started with 2 pairs of HomePod Mini’s 2 years ago, increased the number to a total of 10 Mini’s then got a pair of HomePods during a trip to Singapore. All of mine were purchased before Apple released them here. The answer is yes I am happy with them, though I probably don’t need any more.

FWIW a pair of HomePods or HomePod mini’s are significantly better as stereo pairs. They are good individually but 1+1 = 3+

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1