The Seven Wonders Of Thailand

CalicoConsulting

The Thai Authority for Tourism, or whatever it's called, noticed the very wrong absence of Thailand on the Seven Modern Wonders list, and made their own Seven Wonders of Thailand list. In response, here's my list. Lists are easier than thinking, and I don't even have to do ten this evening. The Seven Wonders of Thailand are:

7. Wondering why store bought boobies are still selling

6. Wondering how anyone survives rotted fish sauce

5. Wondering if it's a girl or a ladyboy - hee hee titter titter

4. Wondering if there are any Thais in Mensa

3. Wondering why traffic fatalities aren't at about 70% of the population

2. Wondering where to find air conditioning

1. Wondering how long nature can remain unspoiled where YOU live

Very strange list. Only #3 I can kind of partially agree with...

#7, #2 and #1 are just nonsensical as far as I can tell...

Strange is what I do best. Who else would have a cat for an avatar?

Strange is what you do best?

Well, All i can suggest is get a few more years experience before deciding what it is you do best. Cos strange ain't it.

Oh, and about fifty other people that I regularly post with, daily have cat avatars.

One or two more things: You say Thailand's Tourist Authority made it's own list.

Out of posting etiquette, you should tell us what that was, or at least post a link.

Second, have you proscribed to the exact same definition of "wonder of the world" as TAT and the defining organisation of the "Wonders of the world".

???

No sheep in Thailand as far as I know so I occupy what passes for my mind with the following before I nod off.

1. I wonder if there has ever been an incorruptible Thai politician

2. I wonder if public service employees will ever practice civility or remember that they that they are servants (to the public)

3. I wonder if anybody in Thailand knows what double yellow lines down the middle of the road represent

4. I wonder if Thailand will ever have an acceptable education system that teaches pupils and students to think for themselves

5. I wonder when motor cycles will no longer be required to have rear view mirrors since there seems to be no obvious use for them

6. I wonder if Thailand will ever introduce effective customer protection legislation such as the UK's Sale of Goods Act.

7. I wonder if brain dead farangs will ever stop wanting to marry barladies that they have known for all of two weeks

8. I wonder if CAT and TOT will ever merge as they were ordered to years ago

9. I wonder if any Thai will take the blame for anything that goes wrong

10. I wonder if Thailand really needs as many generals as the Brit army has corporals

I wonder why I can't count up to seven

No sheep in Thailand as far as I know so I occupy what passes for my mind with the following before I nod off.

1. I wonder if there has ever been an incorruptible Thai politician

yes there has. I've known several.

2. I wonder if public service employees will ever practice civility or remember that they that they are servants (to the public)

Yes there are public service people who are extremely civil. If you know anything about thailand, you would know that the better you get to know people, the more civil they become.

Heck, if you've lived lond enough to know anything, you would know that ANYWHERE in the world

the better you get to know people, the more civil they become.

3. I wonder if anybody in Thailand knows what double yellow lines down the middle of the road represent

I personally see them - wjhatevr the law - as a guideline for acceptable road behaviour. No probs to cross those lines if there's nobody on the road except the slow git in front of you... Sadly I've seen many people, of all nations and nationalities cross the line due to impatience. Oh, and without looking for oncoming traffic.

4. I wonder if Thailand will ever have an acceptable education system that teaches pupils and students to think for themselves

does any nation??

5. I wonder when motor cycles will no longer be required to have rear view mirrors since there seems to be no obvious use for them

They are there to use at your discretion. Personally, I use them all the time.

How about you?

6. I wonder if Thailand will ever introduce effective customer protection legislation such as the UK's Sale of Goods Act.

what? Where customers can sue your business because the coffee is at a hot temperature?? Perhaps you should wonder if the west will ever adopt a "common bleedin' sense" legislature.

7. I wonder if brain dead farangs will ever stop wanting to marry barladies that they have known for all of two weeks

Possibly as soon as they stop adopting the "importance of marriage" that they misinterprate, and theat the girls make excellent business sence of.

8. I wonder if CAT and TOT will ever merge as they were ordered to years ago

No Answer, and frankly, no answer necessary, how irrelevant.

9. I wonder if any Thai will take the blame for anything that goes wrong

doubtful. They've had excellent teachers in - oh - every other nation int he world.

10. I wonder if Thailand really needs as many generals as the Brit army has corporals

You have too much time on your hands. Sadly, so do I.

I wonder why I can't count up to seven