Thailand boosts food safety, bans harmful agrochemicals

webfact

Strange, according to worldometer, Thailands pesticide use is 1/3rd that being reported here at 35,000 tonnes. 113,000 tonnes would put it in 4th place in the world which for a  country size of Thailand is outrageous really, 25% more than Canada

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Of course we trust Thailands FDA who test all manner of produce in Thailand, from fruit to vegetables to the meat trade... 

As an example:

A family fun abattoir near me regularly takes in deliveries of live pigs from local farms, they are off-loaded into pens, stunned by an iron bar being struck on the head, throat slit to catch the blood in a concrete trough. They are then scolded in boiling water, hung up and beheaded, with stomach contents removed, then cut length ways in half. The halves are weighed and put in the back of a pick-up and transported to a nearby meat market where they are jointed and sold direct to the public or whole sale.

No pig has any identification, where it came from or what is was fed on or injected with.

No inspection is made of the quality of the meat or processing.

No, that´s horrible, as this is all the things you will find in the western world. The one many of med a choice to leave. I am not in anyway saying that they handle it correct here. What I am saying, is that we have to accept the way they are dealing with things in the country we chose to move and live in. That´s the way they are doing here. The western world has both advantages and disadvantages. So does Thailand. The choice is ours to make.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1