Modern Rock & Roll And/or Industrial Rock In Bangkok?

DamianMavis

Hey, where can I find a bar that plays rock and roll and/or industrial rock from the 90's at the earliest and 2000's? DON'T SAY HARD ROCK or I will find you and beat you with a foam bat. Not to insult anyone, I simply have no interest in old or classic rock. So any place like this exist? I'm getting a little desperate, it's been years since I could just sit and relax in a bar that played rock from my generation.

EXAMPLES of what I'm seeking:

Korn

Nine Inch Nails

Marylin Manson

TOOL

Seether

Queens of the Stone Age

White Stripes

Soundgarden / Audio Slave

and stuff like that.....

Damian

Sheeeeet. I don't want to have to open my own dang bar just to get decent music in a social setting. cripes

Damian

Burn some of your own cd's, if the bar / club isn't crowded and your buying drinks, the DJ / bartender will usually play your stuff,

That's been a work-around for me that I've used here and there,

Good luck, :o

Edited by cobra

yeap.as you come off the Skytrain one side has a big hotel,can`t remember the name(asia hotel I think) the other side they have an outdoor Thai BBQ restaurant.thats the side you want to exit on then just walk past the BBQ (keep it on you left)and you will see it about 50 m on.The Rock Club it`s called.

Hey, where can I find a bar that plays rock and roll and/or industrial rock from the 90's at the earliest and 2000's? DON'T SAY HARD ROCK or I will find you and beat you with a foam bat. Not to insult anyone, I simply have no interest in old or classic rock. So any place like this exist? I'm getting a little desperate, it's been years since I could just sit and relax in a bar that played rock from my generation.

EXAMPLES of what I'm seeking:

Korn

Nine Inch Nails

Marylin Manson

TOOL

Seether

Queens of the Stone Age

White Stripes

Soundgarden / Audio Slave

and stuff like that.....

Damian

try demonia or bar-bar :o

I went to the Rock Pub last night, and I must say that I was slightly disappointed. There was a cover band on there, and while they started to get heavy toward the end of the night, for the most part they played your typical Chili Peppers/Incubus/U2 stuff.

However, they did play an Audioslave song.

Anyway, I had to come into work early, so I didn't get to see their whole set. Perhaps I left too early, and they were about to start rocking. I guess you'll still have to check it out for yourself.

Hope this helps (although, when I re-read my post, I'm pretty sure it won't help in any way).

BFD!

Not really a club or a place, but you might like our Gothic events in that we organize here, where we feature quite a bit of Industrial music and a lot of stuff you might enjoy very much. :ohttp://www.darkasia.com is our site and we normally have events every once a while (bi-monthly usually) @ the Jazzit, RCA.

Ps. And Korn is my most favourite band too! Checked out their latest Untitled album yet? Not the best, but it's surely growning on me pretty quickly. :D

Edited by rawnnie

A friend of mine has his event coming up soon that you would particularly enjoy:

Gothic Bangkok

Sub Culture at Club Culture

http://club-culture-bkk.com/

Wednesday August 15th

with sessions from Dj Spooky Spike and

lots of Big Video

Spike's home brewed Video and Vj Jung-Chul Hur computerized video mix

also DJ Marty from UK

Alternative Event

for more info go to www.geocities.com/gothicbangkok

DressCode Spooky

post-15837-1186381595_thumb.jpg

Edited by bangkapiboy

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GateCrasher this Friday 10th.

For Spike Nite is it going to be EBM (front242, suicide commando etc) or Goth (cruxshadows, fields..)?

plus it says Dress code scary, Im too old to dress like the undead.

Suicide Commando, Crux, God Module yes....Leather Nun, The WAke...Batcave Punk Misfits...and some homemade Video :o

No Cover...maybe a church basket will go around for the gratefull...

Edited by mespike

Yea, I'll be there.

Starting at 10? what time b4 it gets going? Have to work the next day....

actually it will start at 9 but there will be an hour of dark ambience then Dj Marty for 30 minutes at 10:30 i wil peek it up

a couple notches...in otherwords the whole event is gonna be a ramp upwords of intensity....no cover

Edited by mespike