Tefl At Chichester College + Teaching Qualifications

nlu

Hi,

I'm a Native French willing to teach in Thailand. I have a few questions :

- Has anyone obtained its TEFL Certification from Chichester College? Is it a good and serious center ?

- I have a "dual" BA in Law / English + a Master Degree in Law but I am not a NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER : what are my chances to get a job in Thailand schools / universities ?

Thank you so much for your help and advice !

N

Are you caucasion? Do you dress well? Are you neatly groomed? Are your teeth straight and white? Can you smile?

If you answered "yes" to all of the above questions, combined with your "dual" BA in law / ENGLISH, a Masters degree and the TEFL certificate you will get (and you should get it!), you would be a fool to work for less than 50K per month in Bangkok, even if you're not a native English speaker.

However, you could teach law in a university with you BA in Law and a Masters degree in Law, but by doing this you would most likely be on a low salary of around 30K per month because Universities in Thailand pay cheap.

Unless you want to be a Law teacher and you love Law, you would be better of aiming for a job at low end international school to start with untill you get more teaching experience and can get a better position. But you should aim for a salary of more than 50K per month because there are some less well known international schools that pay 50K to people without degrees, so I'd be aiming for more than 50K.

Also, once you start teaching, because you allready have degrees, you could apply for and try to study the DELTA via distance which is one of, if not the best TEFL qualification you can get. Then a few years down the track you should be pulling in 100K pm at a good international school.

Just my 2.2c

Edited by aussiestyle1983