Big Fire Rages At A Factory In Samut Prakan

george

Big fire rages at a factory in Samut Prakan

SAMUT PRAKAN: -- A fire broke out at a factory on Sukhumvit Road in Samut Prakan Wednesday afternoon.

Thick fume engulfed the big factory, panicking numerous workers who were stampeding out.

The fire raged on leather materials and machines. Firefighters were heading to the scene.

-- The Nation 2007-08-01

Were the emergency/fire doors locked this time?!! (remember the toy factory in Pattaya a few years back?) D1ckheadsand scumbags the whole ###### lot of them.

I hope there were no fatalities.

Once again, the rich and influential send the uneducated poor to their graves for a few baht's savings.

TIME TO GET A UNION AND STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES.

Edited by Big A

Perhaps I am simply becoming more aware of my surroundings but I do seem to notice that there are a lot of fires involving business premises recently, ahem!

I hope that there were no casualties.

I'm sure we will be seeing more of these...much easier than going thru all the red tape of officially closing. Does a factory that burns down have to pay severence to the workers???

Could it be the employees setting the fires?

I recall some time ago, the Sanyo Co. gave dissapointing New Year Bonuses. The workers burned the place down.

Ah yes, using logic . . .

Reminds me of certain parts of certain cities in the US . . . 'Let's burn down our neighbourhoods. That will teach them!!!!'

Could it be the employees setting the fires?

I recall some time ago, the Sanyo Co. gave dissapointing New Year Bonuses. The workers burned the place down.

Ah yes, using logic . . .

Reminds me of certain parts of certain cities in the US . . . 'Let's burn down our neighbourhoods. That will teach them!!!!'

...Then, after the holiday, they realized the factory was no longer there. Oooops.

Perhaps I am simply becoming more aware of my surroundings but I do seem to notice that there are a lot of fires involving business premises recently, ahem!

I hope that there were no casualties.

I'm sure we will be seeing more of these...much easier than going thru all the red tape of officially closing. Does a factory that burns down have to pay severence to the workers???

had a similar incident at a plastic factory in omnoi samut sakorn last month - a jewish stock take - it used to be called in the old days :o - excuse the expression and no offence intended to our jewish brethren...

Edited by Payboy