An ug-a-ly woman cooks meals on time

And she'll always give you peace of mind

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life

Never make a pretty woman your wife

So for my personal point of view

Get an ugly girl to marry you

Jetjock speaks for me.

Appearances can be deceptive.

I'm no longer young, bald as a coot and plain as a pikestaff.

But my wisdom, old world charm, impeccable manners and high intelligence have carried me through many conquests (and still do, occasionally).

Totally agree. One more to add, has good 'sense of humor'. :o

I agree too Tinkelbell! :D

My guess is that this is what the OP was alluding to:

In the context of farang land, for a man to be seen on the arm of a particularly attractive woman (the perfect 10 of the OP) is a sign of status -- because it is assumed that such attractive woman would have a lot of people to choose from, and one has to have exceptional qualities (money, looks, talent, humour, sexual prowess, charisma, kindness, etc) to win her over all the others courting her.

I'm not saying anything about the deep inner realities of any relationship -- just the very pragmatic question of value on the dating market.

But for a man to land a perfect 10 in Thailand means a lot less. There's a ton of them around, and the only quality needed to land one is to have money by third world standards -- which is a lot less money than an old, not-too-attractive man would need to land a 20 year old hottie back home. Yeah, Hugh Heffner is still f* Playboy models -- but he has a lot more money than your average LOS expat.

It's like asking: should I feel like hot sh* for getting into Harvard? If they are very selective -- maybe. If they'll take any warm body that turns up? Maybe not. :o

Are you proud to have a Thai gf?

In the UK, to have a smart, attractive girlfriend is an achievement to be proud of. Other people who see you with such a prize automatically give you respect. It means one or all of these things: you have a good personality, you are good-looking, you have money.

What's the reaction when you see a farang guy here with a Thai woman? For me my first thought is sad loser. I know i'm being both terribly unfair and hypocritical, but i just can't seem to stop myself. Why do i think like this?

We all know that acquiring a nice gf here for any half respectable farang guy is like shooting fish in a barrel. Many guys here have clearly pulled way out of their league and had their gf been on a trip to the UK (not including bar girls in this statement) or whatever the country, when they met, what are the chances the girl would have chosen them? No, the sad truth is that for many of us, had we stayed in our country of origin, we would either be sad single men with just our right hand for a weekend date, or we'd be lumbered with some over-weight plain Jane or maybe even worse! By coming here we're cheating the natural dating system which keeps a number 4 with his like equivalent.

A number 4 with a number 8 or 9 is going against nature. What have i got against cheating the system? Well nothing i guess, i've cheated too. Am i proud of that? Not at all. It's why i keep my relationship as low profile as possible. Certainly not shouting about it with pride or walking loved up, hand in hand on the street. I've got nothing to be ashamed of in my gf, indeed i can be proud of her. But proud of myself for wooing such a prize. No.

I am newly married to my thai wife but i have known her for a long time and she chose me ( i am 25 years older but look young..lol) because she is allways telling me that if she were to choose a thai man she would have chosen an older one because she wants a man to take care of her and give her the attenton and love that she deserves, my wife also tells me that most young men only create problems and are very selfish. my wife knew i did not have a lot of money when she met me but she chose me because i could give her a warm heart and would never be a butterfly because i would never harm a hair on her beautiful body, whilst in thailand her freinds would say to her why did you not choose a man with money she said to them money was never a factor as long as i could take care of her heart for life this i am now gladly doing.

----------------------------

Does she have a sister? :D

Yes, but since she is a dark skinned Isaan girl, from a poor background and you are interested, you must be a fat old deluded geezer, twice her age , with to much money and we all now that is not allowed...sorry :D

---------------------------

Well I'm not fat, deluded only about 50% of the time probably twice her age at 55 never have enough money but got plenty.

Hey one outa four ain't bad... :o

Thais are great opportunists.....including members of the female kind.

If someone comes along who appears to be considerably richer and/or more influential (in her peer group) then she's goin' to seriously start reappraising her relationship with you....no questions asked.

It's all about money.

---------------------------

about 99% accurate... :o

In the UK, to have a smart, attractive girlfriend is an achievement to be proud of. Other people who see you with such a prize automatically give you respect. It means one or all of these things: you have a good personality, you are good-looking, you have money.

What's the reaction when you see a farang guy here with a Thai woman? For me my first thought is sad loser. I know i'm being both terribly unfair and hypocritical, but i just can't seem to stop myself. Why do i think like this?

We all know that acquiring a nice gf here for any half respectable farang guy is like shooting fish in a barrel. Many guys here have clearly pulled way out of their league and had their gf been on a trip to the UK (not including bar girls in this statement) or whatever the country, when they met, what are the chances the girl would have chosen them? No, the sad truth is that for many of us, had we stayed in our country of origin, we would either be sad single men with just our right hand for a weekend date, or we'd be lumbered with some over-weight plain Jane or maybe even worse! By coming here we're cheating the natural dating system which keeps a number 4 with his like equivalent.

A number 4 with a number 8 or 9 is going against nature. What have i got against cheating the system? Well nothing i guess, i've cheated too. Am i proud of that? Not at all. It's why i keep my relationship as low profile as possible. Certainly not shouting about it with pride or walking loved up, hand in hand on the street. I've got nothing to be ashamed of in my gf, indeed i can be proud of her. But proud of myself for wooing such a prize. No.

I am newly married to my thai wife but i have known her for a long time and she chose me ( i am 25 years older but look young..lol) because she is allways telling me that if she were to choose a thai man she would have chosen an older one because she wants a man to take care of her and give her the attenton and love that she deserves, my wife also tells me that most young men only create problems and are very selfish. my wife knew i did not have a lot of money when she met me but she chose me because i could give her a warm heart and would never be a butterfly because i would never harm a hair on her beautiful body, whilst in thailand her freinds would say to her why did you not choose a man with money she said to them money was never a factor as long as i could take care of her heart for life this i am now gladly doing.

That is sweet. Any babies?

We will all "become extinct" sooner or later.

China's still working with a 1-child policy, so concern about over-population is not confined to "the West".

But the strange thing is every mainland chinese I know has brothers and sisters.

:o

Their intentions are good.

I have a question, how many of us have girlfriends, fiances, or wives older than yourself? I am 25, my wife will soon be 29, though like the vast majority of Thai women she looks much younger. Thai people always make an odd reaction when they learn that she is older, like I broke some unwritten rule.

First off, I couldn't give a monkeys what someone else thinks of me.

Second, when my friends back home have there skin crawl as they glimpse their wife in the buff, my wife will still be petite.

Yeah, but does her skin crawl when she sees you in the buff ? :o

i was proud of my thai g/f.......... up until i came home from work 10 minutes ago only to find the eyebrow treatment she begged me for was/is infact ######ing tattoo's....

ff's looks like a cheap slut from kings cross iam am pissed even moreso considering my baht paid for it.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If you feel obliged to make excuses for your partner - you're keeping wrong company.

Nothing that's said on this board will make it different.

I only rarely make excuses for people I'm with - and they're all relatives so I have to make exceptions sometimes.

Jetjock speaks for me.

Appearances can be deceptive.

I'm no longer young, bald as a coot and plain as a pikestaff.

But my wisdom, old world charm, impeccable manners and high intelligence have carried me through many conquests (and still do, occasionally).

Totally agree. One more to add, has good 'sense of humor'. :o

I agree too Tinkelbell! :D

Glad to see one farang lady that can appreciate age.

Um.. Trick question... Answer: Yes I'm VERY proud of her, but her nationality doesn't have a whole lot to do with it.

I don't spend enough time in Europe/USA to meet a whole lot of men who have Thai wives, but when I do meet them then I consider them quite a bit smarter than average for having the good sense to marry a beautiful woman. IF she in fact is a beautiful woman. which isn't actually very likely, however that person may still likely have other qualities that make her an excellent wife. Equally likely he would have married a complete dragon, you know, with tattood eyebrows and everything, in which case I would look less favourably towards him and his choice.

So in short, it depends on the person.

Back to your beer, OP.

Edited by Sanpatong

i was proud of my thai g/f.......... up until i came home from work 10 minutes ago only to find the eyebrow treatment she begged me for was/is infact ######ing tattoo's....

ff's looks like a cheap slut from kings cross iam am pissed even moreso considering my baht paid for it.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Tatoo'ed eyebrowes or did she infact lie and said one thing and got something completely else?

I have a question, how many of us have girlfriends, fiances, or wives older than yourself? I am 25, my wife will soon be 29, though like the vast majority of Thai women she looks much younger. Thai people always make an odd reaction when they learn that she is older, like I broke some unwritten rule.

My Wife is a year older than me (I'm 32, she's 33).

Simply put this question is geared to the perception that Thai women are considered whores by the less informed majority, I'm proud of any girl that loves me for who I am. If you want to get in depth I have found many a working bar girl throughout my travels through europe UK, Germany,france, ireland, iceland, italy, and eastern block esp. No western woman is above any other cultures women. It's no surprise that I see Aussie women going to Japan to become hostesses or "comfort women". I've seen many european hookers in America, basically my point is there's no need to ask if you are proud of your Thai girlfriend. Because honestly if you ARE ashamed of your girl, I think the person who chose to be with that girl has the problem. If you are ashamed you should be ashamed of yourself, for being the lame that chose the first thing that came along.

The question should be, "Am I truly comfortable with this obvious trade off?". If the Thai girl is independantly weatlthy, Hi-So or well educated then what's not to be proud of? If she can hold a intricate conversation on a controversial subject in perfect English, then show the lady off - I reckon...

But more than likely, she's probably low-so and uneducated with bad English. If so, then yes it's an obvious trade off. She's trading her map of Tazzie for a better lifestyle and we're trading money for a younger smooth-skined, sweet-smelling, tighter companion we probably would not be able to attract in our home country.

Both trades are upwards, so what's getting hurt? Our pride?

The Farang blokes trade up to a younger, less demanding model and she trades up to a better lifestyle. Both are winners while the game lasts. It's only when that trade-off is misunderstood by either party that it turns sour.

i.e. He mistakenly thinks he's the world's best lover or she mistakenly thinks he's richer or more stupid than he actually is... It usually ends with the Thai Handcuff one way or another... ( She gets pregnant or he buys the house and land in her name - 'trade' takes on a more literal meaning then )

Life's too short to worry about what anyone else thinks about who we're rooting at any given time.

As my Nana used to say, "If the relationship is on the rocks - the rocks are in the bed."

So, what's more important is whether she's still a LBFM, making the mandatory koo-ing type dove noises as you drive home the pig-skin bus into tuna town. But, my friend, if she's checking the local soap-opera over your shoulder or wondering what's for dinner - then change her quick for a newer version. The 20/40 rule is good - get one under 20 years old or under 40 kilos.

So, get in, up to the two Kerr Pinks as much as you can I say. And, Be neither proud nor ashamed of your TGF.

Every time you play "Hide the sausage", you can revel in the fact that most men would give their left nut to be burying the bone where you are. So, Poke on my friend and don't give a fiddler's fart about the naysayers reckon, because they're probably envious. As Billy the Bard once said, " She doth protest too much, me thinks."

Cheers, The Bloodnut

To be honest when I see a man with a Thai wife in the UK I automatically assume he is a loser. The fact that he is 20 years older than his much more attractive girlfriend makes me think money is involved, whether directly or indirectly. But, if he said to me, 'she obviously is only with me for my money, but she makes me happy', then I would have a lot more respect for him, but some of these guys think its true love and thats what makes him a loser, but then I see it in Thailand as well. If I saw a couple who were of a similar age and attractiveness then I would be less likely to assume he was a loser. (edit- but the same goes for any situation like that I suppose, its just easier to spot with a thai girlfriend).

As for me, I'm not necessarily proud to have a Thai gf, I'm proud of her and love her, but pride seems incorrect. I don't see why I would be proud for having a Thai gf in particular, I'm a 20 year old male, its hardly an achievement to have a girlfriend from any nationality.

Good on you !

You're bloody right there mate, no reason for you to go shopping in a brothel at your age.

Leave that to the dirty old man in Pattaya and elsewhere in Thailand,Asia or South America.

If anyone can be proud of his Thai Gf, then good luck to Mr. Forest Gump ! All it counts is

the money in his pocket, bank account or elsewhere! Even if the guy doesn't have any money

the Thais won't believe him and wait for the chance to make a big inheritance.

So don't be a fool and join this club! Actually it's all over the world the same with the ladies

but some places are worst than others.

To be honest when I see a man with a Thai wife in the UK I automatically assume he is a loser. The fact that he is 20 years older than his much more attractive girlfriend makes me think money is involved, whether directly or indirectly. But, if he said to me, 'she obviously is only with me for my money, but she makes me happy', then I would have a lot more respect for him, but some of these guys think its true love and thats what makes him a loser, but then I see it in Thailand as well. If I saw a couple who were of a similar age and attractiveness then I would be less likely to assume he was a loser. (edit- but the same goes for any situation like that I suppose, its just easier to spot with a thai girlfriend).

As for me, I'm not necessarily proud to have a Thai gf, I'm proud of her and love her, but pride seems incorrect. I don't see why I would be proud for having a Thai gf in particular, I'm a 20 year old male, its hardly an achievement to have a girlfriend from any nationality.

:o

What makes you think money is not involved even if you are only 20 years old? Try dressing up like a beggar and live in the streets and see what you get in 20 years!

I am going to ask you a question and I am quite sure you do not have the answer!

How old will you be after 40 years? Difficult, eh?

Edited by meemiathai