Graphics Card Help

Jockstar

I know i have asked before. I just need some more input. FIRSTLY i DONT want to change my mother board to accommodate a PCIE card. I just want the best card that i can afford to make my PC faster without building a new Pc etc. I currently have a Geforce FX 5900 card and it runs well. But i would like something a bit faster for gaming. It has to be AGP and has to fit into a K8N Neo2 motherboard. So whats your thoughts? Cheers in advance. BTW the X1950 is just too expensive to justify it.

Basically the fastest you can buy now is a AGPx8 VGA card based on a Nvidia 7600GT chipset. For budget buying there are two brand names I can recommend first Spark with the GF-7600GT and the second is XGX with the same model identification (GF-7600GT).

Both cards uses 256MB DDR3 memory and the SPark cost 5680 Baht for the XFX you pay around 6930 Baht

AGP 8x version 3.0 specifications are up-to-date for any processor on the market today. Even when the latest AGP 8x motherboard was sold people had probably enough with AGP 4x.

The only disadvantaged AGP had was its voltage support, modern VGA cards like to use Volts as much or even more then the today processors.

On paper is new PCIe x16 surely more then 200% faster but there is nothing in the market what even comes close to the maximum data bandwidth of a AGP 8x bus. It is all marketing, and we just buy buy spent money.

Matter of fact I bet that my GF-7600GT DDR3 AGP 8x card can beat the living out of any newest Nvidia 8600GT. And that the speed compared to a PCIe x16 GF-7600GT DDR3 is almost the same. (I have all this cards)

I don't think that you should go with a new card. It wouldn't help much, as your original card is already pretty good, and your CPU wouldn't be fast enough to keep up with the current cards.

Upgrade CPU? Just trying to keep the cost down now. As you know i was gonna build a new PC. But my circumstances have changed and need my cash for other things. So looking at extending the lifespan of my existing PC for another couple of years. I am going to add more RAm and was thinking about a new card. Maybe spend around $400?RAM+CARD+CPU???

AMD ATHLON64,3500+,2.2GHZ,512K CACHE,SOCKET 939, VENICE CORE????

I don't think that you should go with a new card. It wouldn't help much, as your original card is already pretty good, and your CPU wouldn't be fast enough to keep up with the current cards.

Upgrade CPU? Just trying to keep the cost down now. As you know i was gonna build a new PC. But my circumstances have changed and need my cash for other things. So looking at extending the lifespan of my existing PC for another couple of years. I am going to add more RAm and was thinking about a new card. Maybe spend around $400?RAM+CARD+CPU???

AMD ATHLON64,3500+,2.2GHZ,512K CACHE,SOCKET 939, VENICE CORE????

Sounds like a little bit of a waste to me, won't be that much better than your current setup. Once you spend that money you won't feel like upgrading again. I'd stick everything on low settings for now and save up for;

Core 2 Duo Processor

8800GTS

2 Gb Ram

Actually if you sold your current PC and stuck the $400 in the pot, you may be able to get that now.