Ebay&paypal With Thai Bank Account

Hii all,

I'm in the process of signing up for an ebay account to sell some stuff back to my home country. As german national I chose to sign up with ebay.de.

1. I have a bank account with Thai Military Bank, no credit card, just ordinary ATM card. Can i easily link this to my paypal account, if so, can i fund my paypal account from my TMB account? (read somewhere else this might not be possible, so what to do? US bank account?)

2. Being registered with german ebay and not having a bank account there anymore, what options do i have to pay the ebay fees? guess they won't accept payments via paypal; on the other hand, transferring the money from a thai bank account to germany would (provided ebay accepted that form of payment) become ridiculously expensive!!! Anyone out there who's been in a similar situation and could give me some advice??? Cheers.

You cannot use any thai VISA bank cards on the internet. (Credit Cards are ok I think)

therefore you will not be able to withdraw any funds from your paypal account, because you need to verify your card before hand

You cannot use any thai VISA bank cards on the internet. (Credit Cards are ok I think)

therefore you will not be able to withdraw any funds from your paypal account, because you need to verify your card before hand

ok, but i should be able to link my TMB account to my paypal account (have to verify account first). as far as i know i can then withdraw money from paypal to my bank account (possible since last year i've heard), provided i accept the worse (offshore?) exchange rate i get. question is: can i fund my paypal account from my thai bank account (not thai VISA card)??? anyone else an idea?

ok, but i should be able to link my TMB account to my paypal account (have to verify account first). as far as i know i can then withdraw money from paypal to my bank account (possible since last year i've heard), provided i accept the worse (offshore?) exchange rate i get. question is: can i fund my paypal account from my thai bank account (not thai VISA card)??? anyone else an idea?

There is a way, the problem in thailand is nearly all the cards issued are not useable overseas, paypal deduct a small amout off your card for verification purposes, there the problem arises as they are trying to draw it from another country,and refused, i tried, there was another posting about this and a guy gave advice but i cant find it now, im also told that you can give paypal a card from another country to verify a thai account, iim not sure on this but will knpow more in 2 weeks as im about to try when my card arrives from the uk, failing that for the time being transfer the money in your paypal to a friend and let him draw it for you,

That all the answers i get? All i want to know is how i can do ebay sales from thailand and with a thai bank account!

1. Can i transfer funds from thai bank account to paypal?

2. How to pay ebay fees without bank account in europe?

Come on!!!!!!!!

Like I said, you can only do it if you have a thai credit card, anything else just forget it.

and saying come on, is not going to help, just annoy people, and you wont get any response

Forkinhades,

You have to verify your information before posting!

It is perfectly possible to use you Thai Visa Electron Debit card (in my case the Be1st card from Bkk Bank!) This is not a credit card, just a visa electron card anybody can get for a fee of I think 300 Baht.

Read my thread on how to do this here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...4&hl=paypal

Two things changed now, the newer b1st cards now do have a cvv number on the back. I can make payments on-line with pretty much most of the creditcard gateways. Some still won't work with the Thai debit cards though.

Second, you don't have to go to the bank to get the expanded use number, you just call Bualuang's phone number and push the required numbers to get an English speaking officer. You can download the menu structure of the phone system here, so you'll now what numbers to press! (2 for English and then 0 for customer service). It also has the phonenumber to dial.

They will ask you to give you 16 digit card number (by entering it on your phone keypad) and your PIN, to verify you are the owner of the card. They will then give you the details of the transaction Paypal did, including the expanded use number...

Once you are verified, you can couple your paypal account to your bankaccount so you can withdraw funds into yout Thai bank.

If you want to buy stuff using your paypal account, just click on the link the merchant provides, log into paypal (e-mail+password) and pay. If not enough funds is in your account, they will automatically take the necessary amount out of the card you verified with!

I have coupled my Thai verified paypal account to my ebay account.

My ebay fees can be paid with this paypal account.

If insufficient funds in my paypal account, my registered card will get debited for the amount needed. My registered card (the card used to verify my paypal account) is my Bangkok bank be1st card.

Obviously with the be1st card being a debit card, sufficient funds have to be present in your bank account for the transaction to go through!

By the way, I have the same be1st card registered with ebay directly, and if wanted ebay can take payment directly from my card as well!

Suits me well as I use that bank account on which I have the be1st card only for online stuff, ebay, paypal, the occasional purchase online etc. I keep a low amount in that account for obvious safety reasons.

That all the answers i get? All i want to know is how i can do ebay sales from thailand and with a thai bank account!

1. Can i transfer funds from thai bank account to paypal?

2. How to pay ebay fees without bank account in europe?

Come on!!!!!!!!

You can hook up a Thai debit card (Visa Electron) to a PayPal account in Thailand.

I don't know if you can connect the Thai card to the already-existing PayPal acct in Germany but I am pretty sure no matter how you twist and turn it, you will have a pay a lot of $$$ for PayPal to convert currencies.

I have two PayPal accounts - one in the U.S.A funded by my U.S. bank account, and one in Thailand funded by a BKK Bank Visa Electron card. Both work. Sending money between the two is "free" as they are both personal accounts. I have tried it, no problems. $50 were bouncing between the two without any losses or fees.

The problem arises when trying to move the USD in the Thai PayPal account onto the Thai bank account - that's when they hit you over the head with all sorts of fees so that in the end, it's a lot better to transfer the cash into the US bank account and then wire it (large chunks at a time) or get it from the ATM for a flat 2% fee. The PayPal fees I had to pay amounted to something like 5% or more.

cheers N.

Edited by nikster

good news that it seems possible that ebay fees can be paid with a paypal account. i had read somewhere else that because of the chargeback option ebay would not accept paypal as payment method even though they're the same company?

looks like most people out here who are doing some online trading and use paypal use the Bangkok Bank be 1st card. i have a TMB savings account and only their regular ATM card, guess that won't work with paypal? bit out of this topic... but is that be 1st card easy to get, what conditions? might make sense, especially for safety reasons, to open an additional bank account which is being used only for online trading, paypal etc.

Has anyone had experiences with withdrawing larger amounts through PayPal into Thailand? Say $500-$1000? My wife is looking to sell online and accept PayPal, but I've read on a few places that PayPal might limit accounts if they have a big increase in sales. Obviously she'd start low and build up slowly ...but I'm concerned they might be especially looking out for accounts in countries such as Thailand, Malaysia, etc. which have a high fraud rate?

To those who have used PayPal in Thailand for a while, what are your experiences?

I have two PayPal accounts - one in the U.S.A funded by my U.S. bank account, and one in Thailand funded by a BKK Bank Visa Electron card. Both work. Sending money between the two is "free" as they are both personal accounts. I have tried it, no problems. $50 were bouncing between the two without any losses or fees.

Be careful xferring money around like that. They will think you're laundering it - that's what happened to me even though the idea of doing that had never crossed my mind - Just didn't want to go through the hassle of sending money at the bank.

Anyway, they closed both my accounts for that!

Has anyone had experiences with withdrawing larger amounts through PayPal into Thailand? Say $500-$1000? My wife is looking to sell online and accept PayPal, but I've read on a few places that PayPal might limit accounts if they have a big increase in sales. Obviously she'd start low and build up slowly ...but I'm concerned they might be especially looking out for accounts in countries such as Thailand, Malaysia, etc. which have a high fraud rate?

To those who have used PayPal in Thailand for a while, what are your experiences?

Just remember that until you have actually withdrawn the cash into your bank account don't consider it as your money, its paypals money.

They will probably freeze your account after you have sold a certain ammount, no warning and it will take weeks to re-open it!!!! All to do with money laundering!!!! I would suggest a second account to use WHEN they freeze the first one!!!!

I heard about that. Though I have a US-based PayPal account which is about 3 years old and I just recently had about $10000 come into it and back out without problems, but I imagine they're a bit tougher with Thai accounts.

PayPal could have quite easily decided they didnt want you to take that USD$10k out and kept hold of it for 180 days. If your going to rely on them to process payments for you/your business, be VERY VERY carefull. Its not a case of if they will screw you, its a matter of when. :o

PayPal could have quite easily decided they didnt want you to take that USD$10k out and kept hold of it for 180 days. If your going to rely on them to process payments for you/your business, be VERY VERY carefull. Its not a case of if they will screw you, its a matter of when. :o

Yeah, what I usually do is once the funds are at about $600-$700, I withdraw $400, then I let it go back up to $1000 and withdraw another $600, etc. I don't receive $5000 and withdraw $5000 on the same day, that would most likely get the account limited. I usually let the funds sit 3-4 days before withdrawing, too ...sometimes a week. Never had a problem with that step-by-step withdrawing.

I have coupled my Thai verified paypal account to my ebay account.

My ebay fees can be paid with this paypal account.

If insufficient funds in my paypal account, my registered card will get debited for the amount needed. My registered card (the card used to verify my paypal account) is my Bangkok bank be1st card.

Obviously with the be1st card being a debit card, sufficient funds have to be present in your bank account for the transaction to go through!

By the way, I have the same be1st card registered with ebay directly, and if wanted ebay can take payment directly from my card as well!

Suits me well as I use that bank account on which I have the be1st card only for online stuff, ebay, paypal, the occasional purchase online etc. I keep a low amount in that account for obvious safety reasons.

one more question: how exactly do you couple your thai paypal account (once it's verified) to your ebay account? in the "personal information" section on "my ebay" i get only the options of either adding a bank account or/and credit card. ok, might be possible to couple my thai debit card there but i can't see how i could add my thai paypal account?

Edited by toolonginexile