Uk, Spain, France Visa For Thai National

I'm planing a trip next month , flying to UK, then to france and after that spain.

I'll be going with my Thai girlfriend, we have been together for 4 years, i'm from UK.

My gf is freelance graphic design, so no employer which I guess doesn't look too good. She also doesn't generally pay her $ into the bank but collects cash so no sign of regular income.

Do you think we will have problems with visa's?

Any advise will be greatfully recieved.

I'm planing a trip next month , flying to UK, then to france and after that spain.

I'll be going with my Thai girlfriend, we have been together for 4 years, i'm from UK.

My gf is freelance graphic design, so no employer which I guess doesn't look too good. She also doesn't generally pay her $ into the bank but collects cash so no sign of regular income.

Do you think we will have problems with visa's?

Any advise will be greatfully recieved.

Does she have a visa to the UK yet ?

Start with that one as it should be the easiest one to get you being British

Once you have the UK visa, I think either France or Spain should be much easier to get (they will require prepaid travel tickets and accomodation vouchers to issue the visa as wel as insurance coverage)

Get started early as it will take at least a week for each visa if all goes well

Spain and France are part of Shenghen so only need either to go to both countries

Edited by Krub

If your g/f can demonstrate her employment by other means, that will do fine. Also, will you be returning to Thailand at the end of the trip? If so, then include evidence of your status in Thailand in addition to evidence that you have to return to work there (if any). You will also need to show that you have sufficient money from whatever source to fund the trip, that you have accommodation for your g/f in the U.K., and provide evidence of your relationship.

Scouse.

If your g/f can demonstrate her employment by other means, that will do fine. Also, will you be returning to Thailand at the end of the trip? If so, then include evidence of your status in Thailand in addition to evidence that you have to return to work there (if any). You will also need to show that you have sufficient money from whatever source to fund the trip, that you have accommodation for your g/f in the U.K., and provide evidence of your relationship.

Scouse.

I am not now, but am going to be, wanting to do the same thing in the future - ie a holiday of a month or two in England and France.

My girlfriend doesn't work - I finance all our needs. We've been together a year now.

She has a couple of kids; I don't know if that is accepted as decisive evidence for likely return.

I am british and living on a retirement visa in Thailand. I believe I could satisfy the authorities as to my financial means to support a holiday.

What sort of evidence of relationship should I start collecting which will help when I make an application? Examples of this would be particularly helpful.

If you live together, it is unreasonable to expect you to provide such evidence of contact as e-mails or telephone records, but you should be in a position to supply evidence of correspondence which you have both received at the same address, or you might have a tenancy agreement in joint names etc. Basically anything which establishes that you are together.

Scouse.

Scouse.

she could show her employment with invoices sent to clients and her business cards, the business isn't registered though and she doesn't pay tax etc, just works on computer from home, it's not their job to catch tax dodgers though I guess.

Do you think we will need to have interviews?

We are traveling round the three countries a fair bit to see friends and family, should I just give one address in each country? Will they need acceptance letters or any guarantee from these people if I can prove I have enough funds myself?

The problem with unregistered businesses is that the visa officer can disingenuously maintain that if you can't show it to be registered, then it doesn't officially exist. However, if you have invoices and recepits etc. that should be sufficient.

Whether an interview is required will be decided by the embassy and it's not really possible to foresee. Although you will be funding the trip, it's advisable to have confirmation of accommodation in the various countries you'll be visiting.

Scouse.