Protein Powder In Thailand

easternfunk

Ive brought some with my luggage but ive not be checked before, if they did find it you would probably have to pay tax on it at customs. Ive just had a years supply sent over for me from the states and had to pay about 30% in tax on top of the bill. If you do bring it just make sure you bring it in the original sealed tub.

Yeah I saw that place at the BTS, they had quite a few different flavours but i didnt try any as I already had my order on the way. Although the stuff is really expensive over here compared to the UK and even more expensive compared to the States. Protein powder in the UK seems to be twice as expensive as America and protein power in Thailand seems to be twice as expensive as the UK. For example a 5lb tub of optimun nutrition whey protein in America is 1000Baht, in the Uk its 2000Baht and over here its 4000Baht. I managed to get 10 tubs shipped over from America at 1000 each but with all the shipping costs and tax they worked out at around 2000Baht a tub which is what i pay in the uk so im quite pleased with that.

However does anyone know if you can bring Creatine into the country? I had a look on that government website that tells you the tax costs for imported items but it doesnt have creatine as an item.

I am thinking that it is going to way cheaper for me to bring it over. I am wondering how much the import tax will be on it though. I did a search on http://igtf.customs.go.th/igtf/en/main_frame.jsp for Protein and I can't seem to figure it out. I am sure if I could read Thai it would be a bit ea

ier...haha

I only need to bring a small canister as I will only be there for a couple weeks. But I have some stomach issues that protein powder really helps so I really need to bring it for health reasons.

As long as you keep it in your suitcase or backpack I dont think youll have any problems having to pay tax on it. What are the chances of being hand picked out for a luggage search, not very high I would of though. As for getting in trouble for bringing it in to Thailand, it wont happen.