House

rahni

Hi all

I have noticed a couple of threads on building in Thai.

I would just like to inform any who are interested , that my father inlaw is a builder in Udon Thani and is a very respected and trustworthy person.

I personally know all of his workers and we have only recently bought Rai in Udon and things are under way to start building.

I have seen prices etc. posted on this site that do sound well over the top (up to 50%) over the top from my experience which I HAVE seen and do know the financial side of things.

Most of us Do realise that Farangs DO get ripped off unless they can speak a decent amount of Thai and understand the 'Thai' way !

I'm an Aussi by the way who has been amongst the building industry in Aust. all my life.

Any who would like info on anything I would be pleased to pass it on.

Shane

Hi all

I would just like to inform any who are interested , that my father inlaw is a builder in Udon Thani and is a very respected and trustworthy person.

I personally know all of his workers and we have only recently bought Rai in Udon and things are under way to start building.

I have seen prices etc. posted on this site that do sound well over the top (up to 50%) over the top from my experience which I HAVE seen and do know the financial side of things.

Most of us Do realise that Farangs DO get ripped off unless they can speak a decent amount of Thai and understand the 'Thai' way !

I'm an Aussi by the way who has been amongst the building industry in Aust. all my life.

Shane

What is your worry then?

Thais can build a livable house at 300K baht.

If you are ready to spend 30K A$ you could be in a mansion there.

Not sure who you are replying to (300k) for a house in Thai ?

But that is my point exactly ! after hearing that ppl on this site have said they have spent 1.8 mil ! and others asking where to find a builder !! Your joking surely ?

Hi all

Shane

What is your worry then?

Thais can build a livable house at 300K baht.

If you are ready to spend 30K A$ you could be in a mansion there.

Hi all

Shane

It appears you are a new member. There are more than "a couple of threads on building in Thai"land

There are prices from 6,000 baht/m2 on up.

"Things are under way to start building"? You haven't even started building yet and you're promoting your father-in-law.... :o

Edited by Tomissan