Rayong Hotels

mrtoad

Hi all, I have got a few friends coming up from S'pore at the end of the month and they have to go to Rayong for business, they have asked me for any suggestions of places to stay in that area. I don't really know Rayong, so I'd be very happy to hear from anyone with suggestions of decent places to stay with a rough price.

I know that there are planty of hotel websites, but I am looking for personal recs rather than just looking at a commercial guide.

Any idea on the cost of a Taxi to Rayong from BKK as well.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I have got a few friends coming up from S'pore at the end of the month and they have to go to Rayong for business, they have asked me for any suggestions of places to stay in that area. I don't really know Rayong, so I'd be very happy to hear from anyone with suggestions of decent places to stay with a rough price.

I know that there are planty of hotel websites, but I am looking for personal recs rather than just looking at a commercial guide.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I cannot help you with Rayong (don't like staying in big towns), whenever I have something to do there I stay in Banh Phe. But for the taxi: I pay 1,500 THB and gas (NGV) - about a tank full (which costs less than 200 THB. Also give the driver 200 THB for the way back, because there is no NGV station close by - although one will open soon. Taxi is also very reliable and always picks me up on time for the same price.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I cannot help you with Rayong (don't like staying in big towns), whenever I have something to do there I stay in Banh Phe. But for the taxi: I pay 1,500 THB and gas (NGV) - about a tank full (which costs less than 200 THB. Also give the driver 200 THB for the way back, because there is no NGV station close by - although one will open soon. Taxi is also very reliable and always picks me up on time for the same price.

Okay, so in Banh Pe where is a good place to stay, and how long does it take you to get into Rayong from there?

Thanks

Thanks in advance.

My people, when working in Rayong, stay at Pattaya Marriott. They either have their own car (Thais) or customer sends a car with a driver to/from work.

Ban Phe has nothing to offer to biz travelers, it's more like backpackers 1 night stay on their way to Koh Samet.

The closest to what can be called a good hotel there is Rayong Resort but without a car you are lost.

• 1 year later...

http://www.hadsaengchan.com/

My brother stay here for a couple of months before he bought a place of his own. It is actually quite good and price is very cheap, especially if you ask for a monthly rate. There are also a few expats who live here semi-permanently (off-shore oil rig workers). WiFi internet available, but not for free.

This place is own by Rayong local who also own the most famous Fish Sauce in Rayong (however, not the most famous in Thailand). Can't remember the name of the fish sauce, but the brand is like a "weighting balance". You can find this brand here, and all over Thailand.

The food in excellent (however, the most famous one is Leam Charoen Seafood, at the other end of Had Saeng Chan Beach), and price is cheap.

Only catch, most staff do not speak English, some just managed enough to get by. However, the owner, an extremely charming middle age lady who only come in the evening can speak very fluent English, and have lots of local connections.

http://www.hadsaengchan.com/

My brother stay here for a couple of months before he bought a place of his own. It is actually quite good and price is very cheap, especially if you ask for a monthly rate. There are also a few expats who live here semi-permanently (off-shore oil rig workers). WiFi internet available, but not for free.

This place is own by Rayong local who also own the most famous Fish Sauce in Rayong (however, not the most famous in Thailand). Can't remember the name of the fish sauce, but the brand is like a "weighting balance". You can find this brand here, and all over Thailand.

The food in excellent (however, the most famous one is Leam Charoen Seafood, at the other end of Had Saeng Chan Beach), and price is cheap.

Only catch, most staff do not speak English, some just managed enough to get by. However, the owner, an extremely charming middle age lady who only come in the evening can speak very fluent English, and have lots of local connections.

I can't say anything about the hotel, but I would give a pass on the restaurant. It's not very good.

You might want to look at the Madina. New hotel, ADSL, rooms on special for 620 baht/night. hotel website

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

The Price of a Taxi to Rayong from Bangkok I would say is 2000-2500thb. There will be Motorway Tolls to pay (about 200thb) so agree who is going to pay them, probably passenger in that range.

Edited by spacebass

mr t,

Last year we stayed a couple of nights at the Rayong Resort Hotel.Its in a lovely setting,on a peninsula with nice gardens and pool.The small beaches on either side arent up to much,though.The hotel overlooks the island of Koh Samet.If you stay here you will need your own transport to get around as there is nowhere else in the area.

The hotel restaurant is nice but a bit pricey and the cost of drinks is exhorbitant eg.small Heineken 150 baht plus tax & service :o

If you stay here stock up on alcohol at 7/11 before you come ! Needless to say I wasnt pissed on the two nights we stayed but it is a nice hotel.

Also stayed at the Purimas but a few years ago.Very nice hotel,good restaurant and friendly staff.Again there wasnt too much in the vicinity then but might have changed now.

Another hotel that seems to get good reviews is the Kantary Bay in Rayong.It seems to be located near the beach and restaurants but I've never stayed there.

mr t,

Last year we stayed a couple of nights at the Rayong Resort Hotel.Its in a lovely setting,on a peninsula with nice gardens and pool.The small beaches on either side arent up to much,though.The hotel overlooks the island of Koh Samet.If you stay here you will need your own transport to get around as there is nowhere else in the area.

The hotel restaurant is nice but a bit pricey and the cost of drinks is exhorbitant eg.small Heineken 150 baht plus tax & service :o

If you stay here stock up on alcohol at 7/11 before you come ! Needless to say I wasnt pissed on the two nights we stayed but it is a nice hotel.

Also stayed at the Purimas but a few years ago.Very nice hotel,good restaurant and friendly staff.Again there wasnt too much in the vicinity then but might have changed now.

Another hotel that seems to get good reviews is the Kantary Bay in Rayong.It seems to be located near the beach and restaurants but I've never stayed there.

It all up to your budget.

Rayong Resort, Purimas and Kantary Bay are all very good, but expect to pay 4,000 baht up per night especially during long weekends.

Had Saeng Chan = Moonlight Beach in English, incase you are wondering.

Take a look at Google map. The Beach is the most unusual (man-made) I have seen in Thailand, or the world for that matter.

Edited by JonTan