Cm Bbq Party At Tuskers

mallmagician

Hats off to George for the generosity and for bringing the party up north. "Two thumbs up" to Buckwheat for such excellent food. A "job well done" to Milton Bentley, Rachele and the Tusker's staff for being great hosts. In no particular order, a shout to all the wonderful folks I had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with. Crow Boy, McGriff, Blinky Bill, Thaiwais, WoodyD, Prince Albert, CM_Joe, Maejo Man, Wall/MallMagician. You all made it an evening I won't soon forget.

Rice_King+1 and myself had to get up early at 5:30 AM today (the day after) to catch a flight. Her and I are both still hurting... but hurting in a good way. It really was a great time! Ooooh my aching head!

--RK

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to add our thanks for the night also. Didn't want it to end but had to make tracks on account of a near paralytic wife.

To the TV organisers, to Chas and Rachel - keepin it Norf London at Tuskers, to resrea and wife, realthaideal, the dutch lady who cares for dogs, samantha, thaipauly and to all those who did the Tuskers - Jackie's Van - Spicy tour, THANK YOU!!!

hope to see everyone again next time, if not sooner

H.

Well its bloody wonderful to read about you all having a great time. I like ice cold beer, i like ribs with a great sauce, I like good company, I like stimulating women......BUT I live in bloody Chiang Rai, a mere 180 Kms away.

So why didn't you drag your arse down the "mere 180km" to come to the CM one? We had people come up from Pattaya and Phuket for the party - they made the effort and had a great time.

A piss-up around here could attract >50 TV'ers :o

Doubt it.

CB

Ouch my head hurts.

Thank you everyone for making last night such a massive success. A party is only as good as the people attending and everyone who came contributed in making it such a great success.

A huge, huge thank you to George, Buckwheat and Baz. TV were the best and we cannot thank them enough for holding the party at Tuskers.

Also big thanks you to Crowboy and McSpicy for their invaluable work and being the world's least scariest doormen.

Finally thank you to all those who put in for the staff, they performed magnificently last night and it was nice that people recognised that by putting their hands in their pockets.

Rachele and me are just heading off to the pub to have hair of the dog.

Thank you everyone

Well its bloody wonderful to read about you all having a great time. I like ice cold beer, i like ribs with a great sauce, I like good company, I like stimulating women......BUT I live in bloody Chiang Rai, a mere 180 Kms away.

So why didn't you drag your arse down the "mere 180km" to come to the CM one? We had people come up from Pattaya and Phuket for the party - they made the effort and had a great time.

A piss-up around here could attract >50 TV'ers :o

Doubt it.

CB

I'm sure we could help them out and make the trip up there. Make the weekend of it. :D

It's been a marathon three days, and I dearly need a weeks rest to get over it all. A friday night "dry" run which ended up in a monumental hangover on saturday, but I improved rapidly on a diet of Buckwheats mighty ribs and copious quantities of Beer Lao.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was heading home at midnight, and erm.. sort of ended up in Lampang, and just arrived back home. Maybe I should have gone playing with Jackr and Austired and got home at a sensible hour...Oh well next time.........

Thanks to George, Buckwheat and all involved, for a great night, now where did I put that saline drip and the Asprin...... :o

It's been a marathon three days, and I dearly need a weeks rest to get over it all. A friday night "dry" run which ended up in a monumental hangover on saturday, but I improved rapidly on a diet of Buckwheats mighty ribs and copious quantities of Beer Lao.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was heading home at midnight, and erm.. sort of ended up in Lampang, and just arrived back home. Maybe I should have gone playing with Jackr and Austired and got home at a sensible hour...Oh well next time...You call 6am a sensible hour ?? :o

Thanks to George, Buckwheat and all involved, for a great night, now where did I put that saline drip and the Asprin...... :D

Good to hear it was such a great party . This time around I could not attend.

Still thanks to Buckweat for allowing me to join late if I could, I could not unfortunately .

Next time I will make sure I come . Also for me , where is tuskers ?

I looked at the map and still haven't spot the place , maybe I drive to quick or its name is hidden very nasty.

Anyway nice you all had a great time. :o

Yes a good night, even though my wife and I couldn't make it until around 9:30 and so missed all the food. It has been great to meet a good number of the TV Chiang Mai members over the last couple of days, and a even few from further afield. I hope to get the chance to meet more of you in the future. What a good bunch of people.

Thanks for all the positive comments on the burgers (and kebabs). For anyone looking for more, just a quick note that we will be closing from today for a few days to allow my wife Wan to take a well earned break for the first time since we opened last November.

Woody's will re-open again next Friday 24th at 6pm. Wan will be refreshed and ready to serve you your late night burgers and kebabs to keep you fueled through the night. We might even get some pineapple in for Crowboy, just so he can complete that true Aussie burger with the lot experience. That should horrify UG at the burger cuisine sacrilege. :D:o:D Never mind, just tell the girls exactly how you like your burger and they will do their best to make it just the way you like it.

We might even get some pineapple in for Crowboy, just so he can complete that true Aussie burger with the lot experience. That should horrify UG at the burger cuisine sacrilege.

Actually, I like Hawaii pizza, so I am not that adverse to trying pineapple on a burger.

Sabai Jai is great lover of Woody's burgers and he is American. I wonder if he orders beet-root and a fried egg?

Fantastic Party. Epic. Will go down in the annals of history as a top 5.

Thanks to George, Buckwheat, bazmlb and Thai Visa for their generosity. I think we all appreciated it deeply...

And on a lighter note, the After Party Party, and the After After Party Party were quite splendid, as well.....

Yawn, think I'll be sleeping well tonight- as I HAVEN'T BEEN TO SLEEP YET SINCE FRIDAY EVENING! :o

McG

And on a lighter note, the After Party Party, and the After After Party Party were quite splendid, as well.....

I bailed out from the After After Party Party before it turned into a late afternoon bash.

Yawn, think I'll be sleeping well tonight- as I HAVEN'T BEEN TO SLEEP YET SINCE FRIDAY EVENING!

But you told me that you had been to bed several times - but apparently you couldn't sleep because you were up all night pounding the mattress - whatever that means :o

CB

I bailed out from the After After Party Party before it turned into a late afternoon bash.

Yawn, think I'll be sleeping well tonight- as I HAVEN'T BEEN TO SLEEP YET SINCE FRIDAY EVENING!

But you told me that you had been to bed several times - but apparently you couldn't sleep because you were up all night pounding the mattress - whatever that means :D

CB

(cough...sputter...) ermmm ah yes, something like that..... :o

Absolutely great party!

A BIG thanks to George, Buckwheat, and all others for organizing it and making it such a success. :D The ribs were delicious, and WHERE is Woody's as I missed the kebab :o

It was great to meet so many new people.

Another great thanks to my staff who kept the kennel running smoothly while I was dealing with my boinky head .... :D :D

Nienke

Glad everybody had a good time and sorry couldn't be there.

Point to consider, since us Chiang Rai'ers are younger brothers to Chiang Mai and are bigger than some who have had parties ,

we should be favoured with the next Northern Thai visa party.

So come on Thai visa party for Chiang Rai.

Bit late to this thread.

Arrived and left quite early at the magnificent party because I had rugrats in tow. Great to see so many old friends and meet many others. The TV crowd are truly a great bunch.

George, Buckwheat, Chas & Rachel. Thank you so very much. It was amazing.

Likewise, my apologies and regrets for having missed the entire thing. Where the F is Tusker's anyway? Oh I know, I finally made it all over town, had a burger at Mike's #2, got home and finally found the map. Oh, Soi 1! Heck, I didn't even know there was a soi! I'm usually directionally challenged for the first five years in a new metro area; two more years to go in Chiang Mai, then.

Glad to hear it was so successful. Can we do it again in September, and I'll find the venue next time? :o

Make that November... :D

Absolutely great party!

A BIG thanks to George, Buckwheat, and all others for organizing it and making it such a success. :D The ribs were delicious, and WHERE is Woody's as I missed the kebab :o

Nienke

Woody's is on the outer moat ring. Going from Tuskers head down the road - go past Spicy's and it is almost where the Changers and Bangers Bar. It is next to the 7-11 and a video rental store.

It is worth the minor effort to find it, I missed out on a burger and apparently one of them had my name on it :D

Enjoy

CB

Woody's is on the outer moat ring. Going from Tuskers head down the road - go past Spicy's and it is almost where the Changers and Bangers Bar. It is next to the 7-11 and a video rental store.

It is worth the minor effort to find it, I missed out on a burger and apparently one of them had my name on it :o

Enjoy

CB

Thanks, CB, I will certainly go there one of these days to try out. :D

Nienke

Thanks to all concerned - an exceptionally well organised event.

Only problem I had was that there was so many people there I didn't get the chance to talk to everyone but hopefully there will be another one sometime.

I thought that the whip-around for the staff was a very nice touch and hope they did well out of it. They certainly deserved it.

Thanks to George & Buckwheat & co. Great party. Im so new in CM that I did not know anyone at Tuskers b4 sat-night! Still did not have enough time to talk to e-one. More of these please... very nice :D I continued to Spicy... and ended up walking somewhere in the center around 4am b4 my gf found me and drove me to home? what happend? :o