Where To Stay And Where To Go

willieboy63

Im looking for some advice.Me and my girlfriend are coming to Hua hin for 4 days in the first week of october.as its first time for both of us i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on good places to stay.Its also her birthday during those 4 days so im looking for a "special" restaurant to take her to.Want to arrange a cake etc and i just might propose if its the right moment.Any ideas would be great.Before you all reply and say "dont do it" !!,please dont turn this into relationship debate!!Only kidding but you know how these threads jump around.Thanks william

hi will, go to www.asiarooms.com where you can view reviews & book online most of the hotels in HH. The best one is the Hilton depending on your budget,of course. Tanawit hotel & condo, is a good one if your on a tight budget,but no entertainment. nice pool & rooms and good breakfast.

For the restaurant, why not head down to Khao Takiab (7 miles South of HH)? There are two there that might fit the bill - Let's Sea and Supatra's by the Sea. BTW, I'm afraid I wouldn't agree that Hilton was the best hotel around. There are many really nice ones, from little boutique ones to large chains in the HH/Cha am area. Depends on budget & what your requirements are.

Thank you so much for all your help!!Asiarooms is brilliant.Great choice and their offers are way cheaper than going direct to the hotel or resort?.I have just finished checking out all the other things you sent me.I think im ready for Hua Hin!!These forums give you more realistic advice than any book!How did we survive before?!

Thank you so much for all your help!!Asiarooms is brilliant.Great choice and their offers are way cheaper than going direct to the hotel or resort?.I have just finished checking out all the other things you sent me.I think im ready for Hua Hin!!These forums give you more realistic advice than any book!How did we survive before?!

Not a huge amount to do in Hua Hin, its just not that kind of place its more a chill out sort of town, several good hotels, this page http://www.thailandcouplesholidays.com/Hua%20Hin.htm advises to be careful that the hotel is actualy in HH something that happened to me last year I ended up a good 30 mins out of town in a 'Hua Hin' hotel, my wife and I enjoyed our stay there 4 days may be just right we were there 7 days

As everybody is being so helpful i thought i might push my luck!I will be staying in Korat the night before i leave for Hua Hin.What are my travel options?Do i have to go via bangkok?Can i fly from Korat?How long will it take?Dont really want to spend forever travelling and waste a day.I have booked into the let's sea resort.Looks fantastic on the website.many thanks again

As everybody is being so helpful i thought i might push my luck!I will be staying in Korat the night before i leave for Hua Hin.What are my travel options?Do i have to go via bangkok?Can i fly from Korat?How long will it take?Dont really want to spend forever travelling and waste a day.I have booked into the let's sea resort.Looks fantastic on the website.many thanks again

No flights from Korat I'm afraid - its bus, train or car and you will have to go via BKK! I've done the drive and enjoyed it! Cars quickest, followed by bus (although you'll have to get a cab between the northern and southern bus stations), then train. Treat it as an experience.

I've dined at Lets Sea and its very nice. Great if not raining to get an isolated table right on the sea front, even better if the tide is in! Remember, you will be about 4k from the town at lets sea, so a car may help for that, as well as for getting around the general area, if thats what you plan.

Edited by Ollie

Hi,

the most amazing hotel I have seen in Hua Hin is the DUNE, it just opened recently and is absolutely stunning... I think their website is one of the nicest hotel websites from Hua Hin... check it out: www.dunehuahin.com

I have to agree "Let's Sea" is a very nice place to eat in the evening, I like to take people there on their frist evening in THailand/Hua Hin, it is very impressive. Even the bathrooms are a highlight :o

A couple more suggestions from me:

Perm (opposite the Hyatt in Khao Takiab) it's nicely decorated with the most intersting roof construction, they offer life music performance - usually just a guitar and a singer, but very good music. Definitely the cheapest of all suggested once, still for my taste one of the best thai kitchen. I don't know the english name for this dish, but I suggest trying: "Nya Phoo Phat Pong Gari" it's a non-spicy curry with crab meat - delicious! :D

Just down the road from Perm is the newly reopened "Papa John's", if you want Steak then this place is a must!

Coco's 51 (end of Soi 51) is very nice, same as Let's Sea it is directly on the beach.

Hua Hin offers quite a lot to do, I suggest you get one of the many guides that are available at most bars and restaurants when you are in Hua Hin, they tell you all about the activities in and around Hua Hin.

I hope you enjoy your stay in Paradise City :D

JB

p.s. SGA flies from BKK to Hua Hin.

Edited by jbhh

Hi,

the most amazing hotel I have seen in Hua Hin is the DUNE, it just opened recently and is absolutely stunning... I think their website is one of the nicest hotel websites from Hua Hin... check it out: www.dunehuahin.com

I have to agree "Let's Sea" is a very nice place to eat in the evening, I like to take people there on their frist evening in THailand/Hua Hin, it is very impressive. Even the bathrooms are a highlight :o

A couple more suggestions from me:

Perm (opposite the Hyatt in Khao Takiab) it's nicely decorated with the most intersting roof construction, they offer life music performance - usually just a guitar and a singer, but very good music. Definitely the cheapest of all suggested once, still for my taste one of the best thai kitchen. I don't know the english name for this dish, but I suggest trying: "Nya Phoo Phat Pong Gari" it's a non-spicy curry with crab meat - delicious! :D

Just down the road from Perm is the newly reopened "Papa John's", if you want Steak then this place is a must!

Coco's 51 (end of Soi 51) is very nice, same as Let's Sea it is directly on the beach.

Hua Hin offers quite a lot to do, I suggest you get one of the many guides that are available at most bars and restaurants when you are in Hua Hin, they tell you all about the activities in and around Hua Hin.

I hope you enjoy your stay in Paradise City :D

JB

p.s. SGA flies from BKK to Hua Hin.

Thanks J.B.I look foward to trying all those places.Great help.Would you say its essential to have a car?Or no problem.Im only there for 4 nights.I have already booked at lets sea.sounds like it could be better for dinner rather than staying?Anyway i cant wait.Some have said that it is going in the same direction as Pattaya?In terms of the changes already.i have heard it used to be quite family orientated but now some of the visitors are best avoided.anyway i will find out!!

Let's Sea looks like a nice place to stay from as much as I can tell. I have never seen their rooms, but I think you made a good choice.

I don't think a car is necessary, IF you want to explore Hua Hin for a day just get a motorbike, all my visitors have rented at Willy's Station on Poonsuk Road, and we never had a problem, even after a little crash/scratches etc. Traffic is not too bad here, and there really is only one main road with "a lot" of traffic, every other road is nice to ride a bike on, except the general Thai road conditions of course... There is a daytime pick-up bus service on the main road for 10 baht from Khao Takiab to Hua Hin and back, it's about a 10 min walk away from Let's Sea. At night time the tuk tuk's use their monopole, and a trip from Hua Hin to Khao Takiab will probably cost you 150 Baht. If you want, talk to a private taxi in Hua Hin and negotiate a better deal, usually you can arrange all your evening/night time transportation with it for about 100 baht per trip, and it's a little more comfortable then walking to the road or finding a tuk tuk at night...

Hua Hin is changing rapidly, but I can't see it ever getting close to what Pattaya is. It will never offer as many things as Pattaya has to offer, both good and bad aspects :o You are correct, Hua Hin and Cha-Am both are more family destinations. I have never been to any place in Thailand... ok, except one, but that's another story... where I did not find people I wish would have stayed at home, still the percentage of "idiots" is very low here I think, and in general you will find quite a interesting crowd. I could not imagine living anywhere else in Thailand at this point, but wouldn't mind to be convinced otherwise :D

I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

Edited by jbhh