Heading For Penang,for Non-b Visa

If you have all your papers it should be easy..,.

Personally I would reccomend NJ books outside swisshotel (I have email and Tel somewhere if you want them) as they went above and beyond in helping me with loads of things from the visa itself to getting a motorbike serviced and finding stuff in town.. Really nice professional guys... For the 20R its worth it not to have the hassle also extra 80R gets same day service most days...

Also of note is they managed to get multi B's even when they are not supposed to be issued and even to a woman who arrived without work permit and without 4 employees per farang... They seem to have a 'knack' :o !! No tea money involved..

Also of note is they managed to get multi B's even when they are not supposed to be issued and even to a woman who arrived without work permit and without 4 employees per farang... They seem to have a 'knack' :o !! No tea money involved..

careful!

visa agents in Thailand are not the only ones who can "arrange" any kind of visa or entry stamp which later turn out to be fakes! Malaysia also has her fair share of very "friendly and efficient" visa helpers.

with today's technology the forgers are usually one or two steps ahead of the authorities.

visa numbers are seldom verified online at border crossings.

remember: if it sounds to be be too good to be true - it probably is!

always visit the embassy/consulate in person or use mail where possible but do NOT hand your PP to anybody to do the job for you unless it is a reputable registered company!

opalhort

If you have all your papers it should be easy..,.

Personally I would reccomend NJ books outside swisshotel (I have email and Tel somewhere if you want them) as they went above and beyond in helping me with loads of things from the visa itself to getting a motorbike serviced and finding stuff in town.. Really nice professional guys... For the 20R its worth it not to have the hassle also extra 80R gets same day service most days...

I went to Penang once in the past year and I know this NJ Books outfit. They tried to hustle me into giving my passport to them to get my 60 day visa. I wouldn't trust them or any other agents there as far as I can throw their towel. Go to consulate yourself and rest easy

Hi sas_cars,

I attach the Penang wireless Internet Hotspots for your info.

PULAU PINANG ( Penang )

201 Bayview Beach Resort, Batu Feringhi La Veranda

202 Bayview Beach Resort, Batu Feringhi Lobby

203 Bayview Beach Resort, Batu Feringhi Pool Side

204 Belisa Row, Pulau Tikus Secret Recipe

205 Krystal Point II, Sungai Nibong Tmnet Clickers

206 Disted - Stanford College, Georgetown Cafeteria

207 Disted - Stanford College, Georgetown Lobby

208 Gurney Drive, Georgetown Northam Beach Café

209 Gurney Plaza, Georgtown Domino's Pizza

210 Gurney Plaza, Georgtown Haagen Dazs

211 Gurney Plaza, Georgtown Iso B@r

212 Gurney Plaza, Georgtown Saint Cinnamon

213 Informatics College, Penang Library

214 Informatics College, Prai Library

215 INTI College, Bukit Jambul Hostel

216 Island Plaza, Georgetown Dome

217 Island Plaza, Georgetown Food Court

218 Island Plaza, Georgetown Starbucks Coffee

219 Island Plaza, Georgetown The Coffee Bean

220 Kepala Batas Bilik Gerakan UMNO Negeri Pulau Pinang

221 One Stop Midland Complex, Pulau Tikus Baguz Café

222 One Stop Midland Complex, Pulau Tikus Bez Café

223 One Stop Midland Complex, Pulau Tikus Cup Cake Café

224 One Stop Midland Complex, Pulau Tikus Dave's Deli

225 One Stop Midland Complex, Pulau Tikus Hotdog 1901

226 One Stop Midland Complex, Pulau Tikus Kenny Rogers

227 One Stop Midland Complex, Pulau Tikus Kentucky Fried Chicken

228 One Stop Midland Complex, Pulau Tikus Roybo Café

229 One Stop Midland Complex, Pulau Tikus Starbucks Coffee

230 Penang International Airport Arrival Hall

231 Penang International Airport Boarding Gates 8-11

232 Penang International Airport Departure Hall

233 Penang Development Corporation, Bayan Baru E-Room

234 Penang Development Corporation, Bayan Baru Meeting Room Matahari

235 Penang Skill Development Centre, Bayan Baru Conference Room 1

236 Penang Skill Development Centre, Bayan Baru Conference Room 2

237 Penang Skill Development Centre, Bayan Baru Lobby

238 Prangin Mall, Georgetown Belaroma Beans & Brews

239 Prangin Mall, Georgetown Cosmic Café

240 Prangin Mall, Georgetown Easyway Café

241 Prangin Mall, Georgetown Starbucks Coffee

242 UITM Seberang Prai Library

243 UITM Seberang Prai Lobby

244 Vistana Hotel, Bukit Jambul Coffee House

245 Vistana Hotel, Bukit Jambul Function Rooms

246 Vistana Hotel, Bukit Jambul Grand Ball Room

247 Vistana Hotel, Bukit Jambul Lobby

248 Vistana Hotel, Bukit Jambul Lounge

:o

Hi sas_cars,

In Penang Road (Jalan Penang), go to " Pragin Mall " .

The hotspots are located at:

Inside the " Pragin Mall "........ They are as follows:

Belaroma Beans & Brew

Georgetown Cosmic Cafe

Georgetown Easyway Cafe

Georgetown Starbucks Cofee

Have a pleasant trip. Sawatdi krap !

They tried to hustle me into giving my passport to them to get my 60 day visa.
Erm.. Thats the service they provide.. If you dont want to let them handle the passport for you why would you be talking to an agent ???
visa agents in Thailand are not the only ones who can "arrange" any kind of visa or entry stamp which later turn out to be fakes! Malaysia also has her fair share of very "friendly and efficient" visa helpers.

Agreed you need to be careful but these guys are regularly working with the embassy and I have very little doubt of any issues (eg they have a lot to lose and little to gain) Anyway for my tourist visa I received a sticker in the passport and all is above board.

They also made no guarantees and clearly explained possible problems for the B visa person and also the one day service (it does not always work, if the place gets busy Thai passports and issues are dealt with first farang after).. Anyway they get my reccomendation.

I am agreed to LivinLos.There's a little to worry about trustful visa agents,they are saving your money as well as facing the embassy officials by yourself.They stay there they deal with the embassy there everyday they understand the rules and regulations better than us people.

After all of the nightmares about using agents in the past year, why would anyone do it? I know in Cambodia it is clearly not allowed and no one provides the service as they once did a few years ago. Using agents is a risk not worth taking. Stay away from them. Do the visa thing yourself. thanks, Kwai

After all of the nightmares about using agents in the past year, why would anyone do it? I know in Cambodia it is clearly not allowed and no one provides the service as they once did a few years ago. Using agents is a risk not worth taking. Stay away from them. Do the visa thing yourself. thanks, Kwai

Sorry Kwai, but if you read the posts carefully the passport holder accompanied their passport out of the country in which case there is no problem in using an agent........problem arises with sending your passport out of the country for a visa while you stay within Thailand, in which case yes i totally agree dont use agents! Used NJ myself in the past and never had any problems , and has already been mentioned they have no reason to put a fake stamp in your passport, they have too much too lose buisness wise.

Hi,

I am writing in respose to the issue of using an agent to hold/keep your passport.

I am wrting from the Malaysian side and in good faith.

In Malaysia, we have been warned by the Government, time and time again,

never, never hand our passports to a third party or to anyone at all.

The only exception to the rule is this. Unless the Tour Agency, which is

registered with the Government, may do so, and an offical acknowledgement is given.

The reason is as follows :

There are many 'fly by night' agencies...... they can close and disappear over night.

Malaysia is world class in counterfeiting credit cards, Malaysian Indentity Cards,

Driving Licence, pay for TV Cards and so on. Every now and then these counterfeit cards surfaced and

some of the crimminals were arrested. The quality of the fraudulent cards even look better

than the originals. It takes an expert to detect the counterfeits.

Therefore, issuing you a visa stamp is 'chicken feed'. That is a risk you have to take.

hired a cab (RM 50) for a day trip. I was taken to penang hill, botanical gardens, big chinese temple on a hill, butterfly gardens, a very good local tea house, fort Cornwallis, 4 Chinese Clan houses, an old mansion ---

too bad I misplaced the cabbie's business card. but there are a lot of them parked just outside Komtar. Stay away from the Chinese cabbies if you want to have a good time.

Enjoy!

what's the non expensive way to go to batu ferringhi from geroge town and come back?and from airport to george town as well

Both the number 93 and the number 202 bus run from Batu Ferringhi to Georgetown and vice-versa. Both routes stop at KOMTAR.

Don't know about Georgetown to Bayan Lepas. I'm sure there's a bus that runs from the terminal at KOMTAR though. If nobody on here knows, ask one of the bus staff at KOMTAR (or the airport).

Kwai is a 30 day walker Flyer. I doubt that he has ever had a visa. And he's now on suspension for pushing illegal visa information.

Kwai is a 30 day walker Flyer. I doubt that he has ever had a visa. And he's now on suspension for pushing illegal visa information.

:o:D

That's why i think he doesn't even understand the term VISA,resulting in misleading people

sas,

I bargained the cab down from RM 80. You're right, I only go for Malay or Indian cabbies. Same with the hotels I stay at, only those run by Malay staff.

BTW, I personally have used (3 times) the services of an agency just outside Swiss Hotel on Chulia St. It's called Parvez Bookstore, which also doubles as a money changer. People there are very helpful and accommodating. You might want to give them a try.

Hi,

I am writing in respose to the issue of using an agent to hold/keep your passport.

I am wrting from the Malaysian side and in good faith.

In Malaysia, we have been warned by the Government, time and time again,

never, never hand our passports to a third party or to anyone at all.

The only exception to the rule is this. Unless the Tour Agency, which is

registered with the Government, may do so, and an offical acknowledgement is given.

The reason is as follows :

There are many 'fly by night' agencies...... they can close and disappear over night.

Malaysia is world class in counterfeiting credit cards, Malaysian Indentity Cards,

Driving Licence, pay for TV Cards and so on. Every now and then these counterfeit cards surfaced and

some of the crimminals were arrested. The quality of the fraudulent cards even look better

than the originals. It takes an expert to detect the counterfeits.

Therefore, issuing you a visa stamp is 'chicken feed'. That is a risk you have to take.

I know that in Malaisia they found copies of Guillermo Gates' Longhorn para ventanas (windows) for sale last year. This says something about counterfeiting in that country. I wouldn't give mi pasaporte to them dudes

Hi Chawp Dude,

You can say that again. Just this month, the police arrested a team of 'hi-tech' forgers

in Penang district for making fraudulent 'pay for TV' (Astro smart cards). The counterfeit

cards were being sold at RM100.00 to RM200.00 each and valid for one year use.

Last month in Kelantan district, the authorities detected thousands of counterfeit

Malaysian Driving Licence. The quality even looks better than the originals. It is being sold

at RM500.00 to RM1000.00 each. The authorities are still investigating.

Counterfeiting is being done everywhere in the world.You can't name 1 place which is safe.Anyways,as I told,it's a controversial topic.So say,where's the best place to buy counterfeit software,music and DVD cds?and usually how much are the prices there? :D

now a days at pantip difficult to find such cds :o

I asked in Penang :o

While in Thailand one often must go to a shopping plaza specializing in computers to find this sort of merchandise, just about any shopping mall in Penang should be able to service your needs. :D