Overstay At Pattaya Immigration

dressedingreen

I think I know the answer to this ... but I'll ask anyway. I missed my visit to immigration today, for my 90 day advice of residence place. The little slip they stapled to my passport seems to indicate they have the right to charge me 5000 baht + 200 baht per day. Anyone confirm that's right as the wording isn't exactly good english. If so, are they likely to charge me the full 5000 baht for one day, and if not, are there any good excuses known to work (other than death)? In reality, I thought it was 23rd ... but you'll know what THOUGHT did :o

Thanks in advance

DIG

I think I know the answer to this ... but I'll ask anyway. I missed my visit to immigration today, for my 90 day advice of residence place. The little slip they stapled to my passport seems to indicate they have the right to charge me 5000 baht + 200 baht per day. Anyone confirm that's right as the wording isn't exactly good english. If so, are they likely to charge me the full 5000 baht for one day, and if not, are there any good excuses known to work (other than death)? In reality, I thought it was 23rd ... but you'll know what THOUGHT did :o

Thanks in advance

DIG

Try posting this in the "Thai visas, residency and work permits" forum. It's the first one on the list of forums.

Thanks in advance

DIG

I've never fancied risking it myself but I believe they usually allow a leeway of 7 days after the 90 day expiry before applying any fine.

Good luck

gmac

For an overstay they will charge you starting the 2nd day.

For only the 90d notification: this can be done 7days before until 7days after the indicated date. If later than that, they usually charge you a fixed 2000THB fee in Jomtien.