Does A Thai Need A Visa For Hong Kong?

The title of the thread says it all..I want to take my wife for a few days holiday.

Does anyone know.?

I'm pretty sure that I as a farang don't need one? Is this the case, only I have never been there before.

Thanks in advance

TP

Visa not needed up to 2 weeks for Thais (my experience)

I got 1 month on my Schengen passport

Edited by Krub

no visa needed for short term stay (forgot how many days) but as our friend above says...HK the most free of all nations in many respect, in particular..economic freedom :o

source: Heritage Foundation and Fraser Institute reports

Edited by MiG16

Hi,

I've been there with my gf two weeks ago.

EU citizens get 90 days (except Brits who get 180)

Thai citizens get 30 days

Same story for Macau.

g.

got 30 days for my wife ,disney was a bit of a let down ,but everything else was nice........

Just to supplement this, though. Over the last 2 months, young single thai women (travelling alone or in groups) have been subjected to more rigorous checks and, on occasion, refused entry.

It seems one women was caught taking in yabba earlier this year and there's been a bit of a crackdown lately.

If your wife or gf is travelling without you, make sure she has relevant papers etc. My wife recently went to a friend's wedding there. She had invites, phone numbers etc, but was still subjected to some tough questioning.

I live in Macau & my Thai G/F comes here for 30 days on a walk in visa before it expires we go to Hong Kong where she gets 30 days. We only go to HK for the day so she gets an extra 20 days in Macau. It's a bit like when I was staying in Thailand & had to go to Cambodia every 30 days!

Not wishing to start another thread along the same lines:

Anyone with brief knowledge of the requirement for a Thai citizen to enter Singapore for a Tourist Visit?

Thai wife,Thai Passport / Australian husband accompaning!

Same as for HK/Macau.

Landed from Darwin, We had one-way ticked and we got 30 days (eu passport for me and thai for my gf).

No one asked an outward ticket.

The girl that did our check-in asked if we had a ticket, she said that even without wasn't a problem.

Cheers

g.