Simplymepis Linux (6.9.70) 7.0 Beta 2 Beta

Guest Reimar

Guest Reimar

SimplyMEPIS Linux (6.9.70) 7.0 Beta 2 beta

Publisher's Description:

ProMEPIS Linux is a Linux OS based on Debian that can be run from your CD drive without installation. Where it shines is its easy, 100% "point and click" installation, and automatic detection of not only "normal" computer hardware but also popular webcams, the latest wireless network cards, "Winmodems" that usually work only with Windows, digital cameras, scanners, and other devices.

The difference between SimplyMEPIS and ProMEPIS is that SimplyMEPIS will continue to be a freely available desktop MEPIS bootable CD and ProMEPIS will designate an upcoming multi-CD packaged version of MEPIS.

Screenshot:

Filesize ise ~680 MByte

Download from here:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/sendfile/110....70beta2_32.iso

SimplyMEPIS Linux (6.9.70) 7.0 Beta 2 beta

Publisher's Description:

ProMEPIS Linux is a Linux OS based on Debian that can be run from your CD drive without installation. Where it shines is its easy, 100% "point and click" installation, and automatic detection of not only "normal" computer hardware but also popular webcams, the latest wireless network cards, "Winmodems" that usually work only with Windows, digital cameras, scanners, and other devices.

The difference between SimplyMEPIS and ProMEPIS is that SimplyMEPIS will continue to be a freely available desktop MEPIS bootable CD and ProMEPIS will designate an upcoming multi-CD packaged version of MEPIS.

Screenshot:

Filesize ise ~680 MByte

Download from here:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/sendfile/110....70beta2_32.iso

Having tried this before PCLinixOS 2007 I find for one PCLinuxOS 2007 a far better distro.

Both are of interest. I have been downloading and playing around will a ton of livecd distro and of 26 to date I have only 3 which I would call working. as well as 2 kiosk type livecds. I have made it a point to try and stay under 200mb, but that does inflect some limitations. Only one of them has the KDE multi desk top which I like alot, but of the three they detected all my devices and hooked up just fine. I ll have to set up the downloader and recorder and give some of the larger distros a shot. I have yet to find a gaming type distro that has a source of roms that are easy to get and install. I heard that one was an arcade type, but was discountiuned. I tried some from the live cd list site, but they had problems. If anyone knows of a game set up that users won't crash all the time I would love to try it.

:D I gave the PClinuxOS 2007 a shot. Wow I like it, it was worth the 6 hour download. It has everything in it. I felt like I was in XP to a minor degree in that I didn't have any problem finding settings and jumping anywhere copy files ect. was only touching the edges as there is a lot of OS here. I can't see running this live its way to big, its worth an install. I need that extra PC now, I am just running out of places to put things, or maybe a boot LAN server then I can have alot of distro at hand and a reason to get into server stuff. :o

:D I gave the PClinuxOS 2007 a shot. Wow I like it, it was worth the 6 hour download. It has everything in it. I felt like I was in XP to a minor degree in that I didn't have any problem finding settings and jumping anywhere copy files ect. was only touching the edges as there is a lot of OS here. I can't see running this live its way to big, its worth an install. I need that extra PC now, I am just running out of places to put things, or maybe a boot LAN server then I can have alot of distro at hand and a reason to get into server stuff. :o

Glad you like it. A true plug and play distribution and all installed in under 35 minutes.

There are many OS emulators for it and I just run one (WINE) for one application I do not have ported yet.

I am seeding it here in Thailand on torrent so you it should only take an hour at the most to download