Tourist Arrivals And Occupancy Rates

Does anyone know where I can get reliable stats for hotel occupancy in samui for this year so far or for last year.

Also length of average stay, amount spent per tourist etc etc.

Best contact Thai Hotels Association in Samui for stats......they have a good list dating back 4-5 years. If you are interested in any particular hotel, just let me know, I might be able to assist.

Does anyone know where I can get reliable stats for hotel occupancy in samui for this year so far or for last year.

Also length of average stay, amount spent per tourist etc etc.

Best contact Thai Hotels Association in Samui for stats......they have a good list dating back 4-5 years. If you are interested in any particular hotel, just let me know, I might be able to assist.

How good was the summer peak season? Lot's of tourist around Lamai and Chaweng?

The spring was very bad from what I heard, medium range hotel with 1 or 2 guest daily......

Reading on the travel reviews site lot's of tourist stays less than a week in Samui, and counting the 13th hours of flight from Europe or they are totally nuts or they are visiting more places!

emmezeta - Lamai could count the tourists without calculator...

womble - there is one feasibility study for sustainable development of Samui on the net:

http://www.samui-sd.net/index.htm. On page 4/5 of the introduction there are the arrivals from 1990 till 2004, devided into Thai tourists and foreigners. Whereas the ratio Thai/foreigner was in 1990 53:47 % it is in 2004 13:87 %

But the very moderate increase of foreign arrivals between 1999 and 2004 (635 Tsd to 719 Tsd) does not justify any hype!

womble..

working on the business plan??? good on you.

you can call up TAT and ask them for the statistics and they will send you the updated file in PDF.

be carefull as many investors and developers used the 2005 stats that were affected by the Tsunami. they show a huge growth in Samui that was du to mass increase caused byh shifting destinations.

this year we can see the correction.

to evaluate properly you need to comapre 2004 and 2006 and 2007 as 2005 is not representetive.

good luck with your project.