Boat Repair

Kiet is just down the hill from Makro towards the lights but not near, opposite some condo/townhouse development that just went up, sorry I can't the name. I am afraid I don't have his number on me, but just look for the boatyard on the right as you head towards Chaweng.

I know kiat, that is the one by the lights that I mentioned, I'm looking for another one to get a second opinion.

Womble,

There is a boat building yard at Ban Kao.

please post pic of said hole and amount of quote in general terms .

Will Do, i have been told the hull is in a bad state and needs reinforcing, this I am told will cost 30,000!!! If I want the hole fixed simply in a more cosmetic way it will cost me 15,000. The boat is 16ft, but the hole is quite serious, the water went down where the boat was moored on a very low tide and the boat ended up on this rock, the rock punched a hole in the bottom and the water started flooding in!!!

The thing is the guy is trying to sell me a new boat, which I was thinking of getting just before this happened. I have a feeling he is trying to put me off fixing the boat in order to sell me another one.

If I buy a new boat I would want to sell this one first anyway, but I couldn't do that unless it was fixed properly as it would be dangerous.

I would never go for the cosmetic option.

I basically want to find out what it should cost to fix properly, get it fixed, sell and get another boat.

Coco Sailing build fibreglass hulls for their boats - I'm sure if you gave them a call they would help you out.

NOT ANYMORE!

Try the Thai guy in Ban Thale, at the cross roads on way to Thong Krut from Hua Thanon. But beware - if you have a wood core boat none of the Thai boat repair yards (AFAIK) will use epoxy as too expensive. Otherwise PM me and I can give you the contact number for an English guy that can take a PROPER look at it and give you some sound advice.

Will Do, i have been told the hull is in a bad state and needs reinforcing, this I am told will cost 30,000!!! If I want the hole fixed simply in a more cosmetic way it will cost me 15,000. The boat is 16ft, but the hole is quite serious, the water went down where the boat was moored on a very low tide and the boat ended up on this rock, the rock punched a hole in the bottom and the water started flooding in!!!

The thing is the guy is trying to sell me a new boat, which I was thinking of getting just before this happened. I have a feeling he is trying to put me off fixing the boat in order to sell me another one.

If I buy a new boat I would want to sell this one first anyway, but I couldn't do that unless it was fixed properly as it would be dangerous.

I basically want to find out what it should cost to fix properly, get it fixed, sell and get another boat.

you need to look at the big picture.

if the the damage is only for the outer skin then fix it, if the it is structual samage. dont bother with it.

at any case as you are looking at 15-30K repair cost. how much are you considering for your new boat?

if the rate of fixing is to high then just buy a new one and sell the old one disounted for the damage.

you need to look at the big picture.

if the the damage is only for the outer skin then fix it, if the it is structual samage. dont bother with it.

at any case as you are looking at 15-30K repair cost. how much are you considering for your new boat?

if the rate of fixing is to high then just buy a new one and sell the old one disounted for the damage.

yeah but would anyone buy it with that damage?

Maybe better to fix properly and sell.