Bangkok Hotels

feasantplukka

Half inched form another website. I agree with the following comments...

Advantages Price, Location, Service

Disadvantages A Bit Faded

Honey Hotel: 31 Sukhumvit Road: Soi 19: Bangkok 10110. Tel (662)2530646 / 2557172

Fax (662) 2544716 EMAIL [email protected]

One of the original 4 American 'R&R' Hotels the decor in the rooms is getting faded but everything works and the rooms and hotel are kept really clean. Excellent front desk with safe deposit boxes. A small swimming pool is in front of reception. There is a travel agency on ther premises and a car service just outside. The cars are old but the rates to the airport are not bad. The coffee shop though very basically furnished does good evening meals. A Basic American or Thai Breakfast is included in the room price. In January 2001 this was 900 baht for the double deluxe. Air Conditioned with WC Bath and Shower plus fridge. Drinks from the Fridge are cheap. The Laundry Service is cheap, good and quick.

NB Inside Rooms have no view just a few feet over the aircon machines to the room opposite. Get an 'Outside Room' its worth the extra, about 10%.

The location is good in that the hotel is about 200m from Sukhumvit road with its night markets, OK they are mainly touristy ones ! BUT the Skyline station is also at the junction. This is great for avoiding the traffic jams! Soi Cowboy is about 10 minutes walk away and Soi 21 at the far end has some good expat bars if you want to retreat from the Thai experience for a few hours.

The nearest ATM is in the front of the Robinson Dept Store at the corner of Soi 19 and Sukhumvit Road. There are also internet shops and cafes near by.

All in all a good value hotel well located and with friendly staff.

The emailadress doesn't work for me. is it correct?? I tried it three times and am still waiting for a response. Is it just me, am I paranoid or do they genuinely don't like me.

Stayed there before and it's an okay hotel. Nothing fancy, but the location is good. The nearest ATM is now next door.

Can someone please please help me

Stayed there maybe ....100 times or so over the years .......No Problems..ever and :o mostly hid in one of the back room in the garage...

Used to have all night room service when you could indulge in a keo wan and a big Sing after leaving the Therme (local high class leasure sort of discussion centre) at 3-4-5 in the morning......

During the day could chill out with the lads on holiday from the Wermach who would sometimes let you play in THEIR paddling pool......only.. :D .....fie beers bitter..... :D

stayed there my very first night as a lone traveller in Thailand some years ago. Great 'erm memories...

location is spot on for a certain soi :o

It's a decent enough place but try to avoid the rooms in the basement that open out into the car park. Any room upstairs is fine though.