Cm Christmas Toy Ride

Hog Head

This is in the CM forum, but for those riders who will be in CM for Bike Week, here it is again

The new Richco Motorsports shop in Chiangmai is willing to be the annual sponsor of a Christmas Toy Ride and I foolishly offered to get it organised.

Initial thought is to model it along what I am familiar with in Canada, literally thousands of bikes brings a new toy, goes on a nice ride, and donates the toys to charity. Naturally some will not have the forethought to bring a toy so money will need to be handled. It has already been suggested that perhaps in CM, cold hard cash is better than toys

It is for the kids, and everyone is welcome from Aprilias to Zundapps.

Perhaps during CM Bike Week?

Given that Christmas is not a big deal to the local community, other suggested dates include:

Dec. 2007

5th Fathers Day, King's Birthday.

10th Constitution Day.

31st New Years Eve.

January 2008:

12th Childrens Day.

OTOH there is nothing like a fat hoghead in a Santa suit riding a bagger loaded down with toys.

Any and all comments are welcome, as are offers to help me organise it.

Date is decided:

Sunday Jan 13, 08 as a Children's Day charity ride

The day after Childrens Day, however given that a lot of people work Saturday, perhaps Sunday would allow greater participation. The kids will get 2 bonous days in a row !!

This is in the CM forum, but for those riders who will be in CM for Bike Week, here it is again

The new Richco Motorsports shop in Chiangmai is willing to be the annual sponsor of a Christmas Toy Ride and I foolishly offered to get it organised.

Initial thought is to model it along what I am familiar with in Canada, literally thousands of bikes brings a new toy, goes on a nice ride, and donates the toys to charity. Naturally some will not have the forethought to bring a toy so money will need to be handled. It has already been suggested that perhaps in CM, cold hard cash is better than toys

It is for the kids, and everyone is welcome from Aprilias to Zundapps.

Perhaps during CM Bike Week?

Given that Christmas is not a big deal to the local community, other suggested dates include:

Dec. 2007

5th Fathers Day, King's Birthday.

10th Constitution Day.

31st New Years Eve.

January 2008:

12th Childrens Day.

OTOH there is nothing like a fat hoghead in a Santa suit riding a bagger loaded down with toys.

Any and all comments are welcome, as are offers to help me organise it.