Buffet House

Donnyboy

I see that Compass Magazine has an acticle in this months? issue on Buffett House.

From the pictures, the restaurant looks great and the food tempting, and at 89 baht lunch and 129 baht dinner (steaks incl ??) , looks like a great deal.

anyone care to comment?

Buffett House

Im getting hungry again hungrysmiley.gif

Edited by Donnyboy

I've been a couple of times. It's just OK. At dinner there's a small selection of ordinary sushi. They haven't invented a knife sharp enough to cut those "steaks". But they do put out a varied selection of Thai food and a few attempts at Thai-influenced western food. Take a very small portion of everything to see what's worth returning for. imho some things are excellent and some are awful. And if you're not a big eater, you can do better elsewhere.

I've been a couple of times. It's just OK. At dinner there's a small selection of ordinary sushi. They haven't invented a knife sharp enough to cut those "steaks". But they do put out a varied selection of Thai food and a few attempts at Thai-influenced western food. Take a very small portion of everything to see what's worth returning for. imho some things are excellent and some are awful. And if you're not a big eater, you can do better elsewhere.

Where exactly (idiots guide) on Huay Kaew Rd is Buffet House. I would be coming from Hillside 4.

Thanks.

and at 89 baht lunch and 129 baht dinner (steaks incl ??

Let's be honest, what can you expect for this price? Certainly not high-quality meat. How do you they say in the US ? There is no free lunch.

Edited by cnxmike

As a side note, and perhaps a bit off topic (my apologies), for those of you who are looking for a buffet deal....try the Grand View Hotel. I've been 5 or 6 times- they have a Sunday brunch (I think it is still 120 THB) and a lunch deal (which is also a buffet) everyday, last I heard.

Large selection. most everything is decent to excellent quality. Lots of Lanna regional food, Japanese, soups, noodles, etc. Coffee sucks. But for 120 B, you can't go wrong. On Sundays (the only time I've gone) the place is full of locals...very popular. Haute Cuisine it is not, but good value for the money...

Going west on Huay Kaew Rd., go north (right) on Superhighway, about a kilometer on right side (make a U-turn). Big hotel, well signed, can't miss it.

McG

Edited by mcgriffith

Yes, many times.

The food is average, but for B129 it is quite a stuffing. In canine fashion though, i always end up eating wat too much and feeling sick. So in the end, a nive B50 meal could have been a better bet. Some of their concoctions (you'll know when you see them) are quite strange and you won't actually know what you are eating. Fish is good, beef is a bit tough,m chaicken is good especially with their tomato sauce all over it.

Good value for money if you're a pig like me.

Yes, many times.

The food is average, but for B129 it is quite a stuffing. In canine fashion though, i always end up eating wat too much and feeling sick. So in the end, a nive B50 meal could have been a better bet. Some of their concoctions (you'll know when you see them) are quite strange and you won't actually know what you are eating. Fish is good, beef is a bit tough,m chaicken is good especially with their tomato sauce all over it.

Good value for money if you're a pig like me.

hows the dog meat? or the other way round ? :o

As a inveterate buffet hound up to last year, I have concluded that you pretty much get what you pay for when it comes to hotel and restaurant buffets. I am amazed at how closely the price of the buffet corresponds to what is on offer.

Starting with the buffet at the Westin/Sheraton/Holiday Inn which in my view is the best to the buffet in the OP, about the cheapest.

I barely put an edible plate together but I didn't expect much for that price. It certainly has clean and attractive interior although the noise level is very high due to all the hard surfaces and the small size. Where they get you good is the drinks. I think the cheapest is 60 baht, even water was charged for.

As far as buffets in Chiang Mai, you pretty much get what you pay for. No real rip offs or great food at low prices, at least that was my experience up to last year when I had my fill and stopped going after five years of gluttony.

Across from the Honda dealer, past Nimmenhaimen on Huay Kaew heading towards Chiang Mai University.

I've no idea what Honda dealer you are talking about. After the traffic lights at the Amari intersection how many metres up is it, and is it located on the right or left hand side.

Thanks.

Across from the Honda dealer, past Nimmenhaimen on Huay Kaew heading towards Chiang Mai University.

I've no idea what Honda dealer you are talking about. After the traffic lights at the Amari intersection how many metres up is it, and is it located on the right or left hand side.

Thanks.

It's roughly 300-400 meters on your right opposite the Honda motorbike dealers. You cant miss it, it's the shop with motorbikes out the front.

post-31110-1188492359_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

From Hillside 4, cross the "Amari" intersection, go another 300+/- metres and it's on the right side. It's worth a try at the price. And while I agree that the food is not the greatest, I totally disagree that the drinks are overpriced. Fruit shakes and ice coffee are 25-35 baht.

Also for ProThaiEx who said that this was the cheapest buffet, there are many, many more at lower prices. There's one on the ring road, 1 km east of city Hall, where it's 39 Baht.

Also for ProThaiEx who said that this was the cheapest buffet, there are many, many more at lower prices. There's one on the ring road, 1 km east of city Hall, where it's 39 Baht.

Yeah the g/f and I have been to that one, reasonable selection of food and for the price isnt too bad. Give it a try!!!!!

Finaly went to Buffet House and found the selection quite reasonable for the price. For Farang food they had a nice pork stew, roast beef, tuna pasta, Japenese food and a selection of desserts.

Cheers.

Noticed that most of the posters indicated that the food was simply "so-so" in their opinion.

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my inexpensive and expansive buffet luncheon meal.

Will certainly be going back there again.

Glad you seemed to enjoy it too.

Cheers.