Are Land Titles Are Dubious?

I am looking to move from Bkk to Phuket on a more permanent basis now my contract has ended but I hear land titles are notoriously dubious in Phuket. I know the island well but uncertain of the “safe areas” for a family and is a chanote title the only safe option.

Land titles in Phuket used to be dubious, but since the "clean up" it is very rare you will find a "dubious" title. The main areas with problems are Kamala and the bypass road.

I am not a big follower of buying a chanote title as there is restraints on developing. If you are buying a plot to build one house on a chanoet or a NSSG (Noir Sor Sarm gor) would also be ok.

I usually buy Nor Sor sarm land to develop on.

Thanks lads for the information I am looking at Chalong, east side or the northeast as opposed to the western side of the island as I have sailing interests.

So are you a builder “Tornado” ?

Yes I am mate, feel free to PM me if you need any advice.

firstproducer, how come there are only two answers to your query regarding land titles on Phuket and they seem to both know each other; quote "I agree with the big fella". DO NOT trust anyone here. Especially the farang. And only buy Chanote. See a good lawyer, Thai or farang FIRST.

firstproducer, how come there are only two answers to your query regarding land titles on Phuket and they seem to both know each other; quote "I agree with the big fella". DO NOT trust anyone here. Especially the farang. And only buy Chanote. See a good lawyer, Thai or farang FIRST.

There is only two answers here as we were the only ones bothered to answer :D

Myself and fatter than actually do not now each other personally.

You say do not trust anyone here ESPECIALLY the farang? Well why do people come to this site? = to get advice from farang!

I am not trying to sell this man anything nor do I deal in land anyway!

I think it is an unwritten law to get a lawyer - dah!

So other than contradicting your own statement with dont trust a farang and then saying but a farang lawyer is ok :D , you have bought nothing to this thread other than calling us untrustworthy liars :D

You then say only buy chanote. so basically you have no idea! :D

Do you realise when you buy a chanote title, you can cut it only 9 times at the cheaper rate even if it is 100 Rai or 1 Rai?? :o Do you realise you can cut a Nor Sor sarm title to as many plots as you like? Do you realise when buying a Nor Sor 3 title the land is usually larger, some times up to 40%?

Go away with your antifarang remarks - your a goose!

Are you Thai by any chance?

Wow, thanks for that.

I've never met Tornado, although going by his posts and chatting to him in the chatroom he seems like a sensible and likeable fella (you see I called him fella again?)

Ya big jessy.

To a degree I agree with your sentiments about not trusting strangers, my mum taught me that, she also taught me to arm wrestle, snake wrangle and yodel naked on the back of angry bears, but that isn't pertinent here.

See a lawyer if you're buying Land? good advice, but not a farang lawyer becuase they - if I may take a leaf out of your book - CAN'T BE TRUSTED

Other good advice would be something like this:

If you have a headache, TAKE AN ASPRIN

If you're crossing the road LOOK BOTH WAYS

If you run out of steam when posting or can't think of a snappy ending WANG IT INTO A TREE

Of course, you better ignore that as I'm a FARANG

[WANG]

Well, Mut and Jeff have got their panties up in a bunch, and still your only two respondents. What does that tell you, Firstproducer?

At least Mutt and Jeff took the time to give their opinion. You seem a little paranoid or at the very least, clueless...but good on you bud.

Thats very interesting Tornado. I am looking for land to build a home and thought Chanot was the best option. Seems several types of land titles are Ok for this purpose. Still think we could use a building and Land forum. I will look more in depth into these titles and seek a good Solicitor. Anyone know which titles are best for leasing land?

Thats very interesting Tornado. I am looking for land to  build a home and thought Chanot was the best option. Seems several types of land titles are Ok for this purpose. Still think we could use a building and Land forum. I will look more in depth into these titles and seek a good Solicitor. Anyone know which titles are best for leasing land?

George! Where are you when we need you? We really do need a separate forum for buying land, building houses, furniture, fittings, home improvement, etc. I already asked once, but I'll ask again: Please can we have a specific forum for "Land and House Ownership"?

I'm shit-scared of buying land and building a house because of all the problems in Phuket and because I simply don't know enough about these different types of land titles. One forum specifically for that subject would bring all these issues together.

Nuff said.